I have a brand new directory site created at
    http://www.brozzles.com/

I am inviting people to start adding links to it. A link back is required.

Although the site is brand new and has no PR that will change very quickly. I am calling on some favors for one-way links and I will be using it as a hub for some of my own sites. Don't be put off by the lack of PR or Alexa ratings. This is not my first directory and I can usually get directories to a PR6.

Yes there will be adsense on the site. I realize some consider this a traffic leak. However the main benefit will be to increase link popularity for all. All outgoing liks will be real hyperlinks without going through counters and scripts.

If you have any questions or concerns PM me.

Ok, Done...

The site template isn't complete yet, is it?

John

Finished the link on one site will work on others later today.

Spider Man

Added my site(s) and reciprocated.

http and a telephoto
    Nice and clean. Is that LinksSql or Links 2.0?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Links 2.0 with a modified Yahoo template. I wish it was more CSS based.

It's my third site done with links. I had one site with close to 4000 sites in the DB. I looked at other PHP based directories but I know how active the Links community is and the tremendous amount of mods available.

I had wanted to create a site to use as a hub for some of my sites and figured if anybody else wanted to join in that was cool too.

As far as the site being complete...no it's not quite where I want it yet visually. But it is functional fron the spider standpoint. I still setteing up links from some of my existing sites to get the spiders interested and hopefully pass that goodness onto others.

I'm trying to keep the structure as flat as possible to maximize the PR passed out to sites.

http and a telephoto
    How good am I, LOL, I was IM'ing someone about your site last night and said "Links 2.0 with the Yahoo template modified". I know my GT products

LinksSql has a great template system, but of course it costs much more than Links 2.0. However there are so many more features that I can't begin to list them and it sounds like you are familiar with the products GT offers anyway. My most popular sites began as Links 2.0 sites and were migrated to LinksSql within a few weeks because of the additional flexibility.

But I still have a few Links 2.0 sites around. They are great little directories (well, one has over 20,000 links!)
    Deborah Carney

mrspeed what do you want for your link text?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> what do you want for your link text ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would you recommend ?
    Brozzles
    Brozzles Directory
    Brozzles Shopping Directory
    Shopping Directory

I realize it's a stupid domain name as far as link text is concerned. I'm more interested in using it as a hub to pass some PR around and allow people to break up heavily cross linked sites.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My most popular sites began as Links 2.0 sites and were migrated to LinksSql within a few weeks because of the additional flexibility. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Isn't there a DMOZ import feature for the SQL version ? I could never find a good solution for the Links 2.0 version. I've been saying for the past two years I am going to write my own script to use parts of the RDF dump.

http and a telephoto
    The program I use for DMOZ importing is written for Links 2.0 but LinksSql can import Links 2.0 data. Plus there are several scripts for DMOZ imports for LinksSql, Andy (link in sig) has one that is pretty good I hear. And there are some spider scripts that will let you pull in links also.

I pretty much don't need to import from DMOZ any longer so haven't checked into any of the new scripts.
    Deborah Carney

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread