I have three domain names I'd possibly like to sell. I realize most names are worthless unless there's a demand, however, I'd want top dollar.
    The names are:
    thewaronculture.com
    thewaronculture.org
    thewaronculture.net

I've considered developing these sites as non-profit to reflect my own philosophy and may be willing to co-develop with the right organization.

I'd like to add that I'm willing to negotiate a commission if someone knows a buyer.

I didn't see a link to edit my post, so I apologize for replying to my own post. I just wanted to leave my contact info.

email, please, to gary@copyright1968.com

What's top dollar?

Well, quite honestly, I don't know. Any guesses? Any advice on appraising them?

With the current political climate and the "liberal" and "conservative" causes being extremely active, these names have excellent potential. I'd love to develop that potential but don't currently have the resources - co-development may be an option.

There aren't any similar names available with those three suffixes. It's a popular and currently relevant phrase. Best of all, it's easy to spell and easy to remember.

I've tried a few of the automated appraisal web sites and felt "giddy" when they returned high five-figure appraisals. However, after a little research, I wouldn't expect half of that - and was I disappointed!

I've seen "lame" names, such as comebuymystuff.ws (a fictitious example) sell for much more than a reasonable price. I've recently read that the kerryedwards.com owner was offered $150K by the Kerry-Edwards campaign. That seems a bit steep for a one or two-time use web site, but, I understand, if the demand is there it may be much more valuable.

Well...wish me luck. Any input is appreciated.

Unfortunately, and this is just my observation. Until you develop that "potential" you normally wouldn't get much for your domains. That doesn't mean someone else wouldn't see the value right now but you'll have a much larger buying audience if you develop them.

Well...if develop it, I'd probably want to keep it. I think you're probably though. Thanks for the input.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread