Open to offers for the domain name "incumbency.com" in the $xxx to $x,xxx range.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

I'll give ya... $5 for it...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi Joe,

Can you please be professional by erasing your comment and staying out of this thread?

thank you
    Larry Wentz

I think it's a waaay cool dom but really only see short term runs with it and that's what I think Joe was trying to imply.

I used to play in doms, and think you've got a great eye for some real winners Larry.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Larry, I'm with Joe on this one. You're trying to sell poinsettias in January.

People will be looking for a heckuva deal on that particular dom, knowing that you'll have to eat it until 2008, or at least the 2006 gubernatorial elections otherwise...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Haiko,

The point I'm trying to make is that this forum is titled "Let's Barter /Trade /Buy or Sell" and not "Let's Barter /Trade /Buy or Sell/ Post Jackass comments ruining peoples threads". All of the domain name forums don't allow people to piss on your "for sale" thread with their personal opinions. In fact they boot them off the forums for doing such. That's why they sell names in those forums and not here - just a fact. Start a domain appraisal forum so kids like Joe can get their jollies in that forum trashing people's domain names they post.

The same damn thing happened the last time I posted domains for sale here - BS comments crapping up my "for sale" thread. I ended up not posting the domains here and only elsewhere and sold "a lot" of names via the domain name forums. I know that some abwers here would have liked some of those names as I gradually lowered the prices on a large list of domain names. It's too bad they didn't see that process.

I posted that incumbency.com is for sale and will accept offers in the $xxx to $x,xxx range. Joe decided to be a smart ass and crapped on my thread. His $5 offer didn't meet my criteria so thusly he should have not posted. Joe wasn't trying to imply "short term runs" as you say he was. He was being a jackass ruining my thread and his gremlins prove my point.

I wanted to offer my domain for sale here (as other names in the past) and don't need to hear peoples opinions on the value. I could care less. I only want to hear their offers that meet my criteria. I've sold 700-800 domain names in the past few years ranging from a few dollars to 4 figure sales. I've received 5 figure offers on a couple of domains as well. I know what the hell I'm doing in the domain biz, understand domain values (reseller and end user) and would like to conduct business here selling domains. However - childish peanut gallery comments make that impossible for myself and others. It's a shame for everyone concerned as there are tremendous values available from domain resellers who currently market in the domain name forums elsewhere. If there were some simple etiquette rules to follow in this "Let's Barter /Trade /Buy or Sell" forum then those domain resellers would sell here. The result would be great deals on numerous domains for abwers and increases in total # of abw members (good for you).

Anyways - I see that one more "for sale" thread has been ruined again.
    Larry Wentz

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Larry, he wasn't asking for opinions on it.

thx trust,

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...635#2736047635 is a perfect example of a thread trashed which ended up being no benefit for abwers. Of that list of about 330 names - I have currently around 80 or so now available at very low prices elsewhere (domain forums). I dropped the prices little by little and sold a lot of names (a couple via email offers at higher prices). ABWers didn't have a chance at those names unfortunately due to peanut gallery comments causing me to close my offer here.

I truly hope that this barter,trade & sell forum starts imposing rules that the domain name forums have very successfully implemented - No more crapping on peoples "for sale" threads.
    Larry Wentz

Thinking ...
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    [removed for being OT - you make great points Trusty, TY]

Haiko,

If you do end up ending having a "for sale" forum without the harassers then also consider making it possible for people to edit their posts with an indefinite time length.

The reason behind this is that people can easily change the status of a domain from "available" to "sold" without having to make a new post every time. It also allows people to erase a post so no one knows what you either paid for a name or sold a name for. This is an advantage for future reselling of the name. I generally erase a "for sales" thread when I make a new post with different prices with the same domain list. All of the domain forums do this as well. It may be a conflict though if you don't want to allow this in other forum sections though.

Just trying to help....
    Larry Wentz

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread