ABW Ambassador
    Hi All,

I built a webcam/home security website a while ago and then forgot about it. I didn’t do any real marketing for the site, but it looks real clean and has potential. All it needs is some inbound links and it would make a steady buck. I had some catalogcity links on it and it's getting a little traffic all of a sudden. I'm not building sites anymore and I don't have time to remove the links to add a good merchant so I'm getting rid of it.

It's getting 8 to 20 visitors a day from yahoo and msn.
    It has a few inbound links.
    Hosting is $10 a month.
    I made $54 bucks with it so far. If you put a little work into it I know it would be a descent site.
    May work well with adwords?
    Of course domain and site go together. I will help you move the site to a different server if you would like.
    Let me know if you want any other info?

PM me with an offer, no I will not sell it for $5.

far far away....
    I'd reccomend you keep it... it's only worth $25 or $30... unless you find some unspecting soul....

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Why is it only worth $25 - $30?

Are you a website appraisal professional or is that just what you would pay for it?

I wonder why any time someone posts a domain or website for sale on abw someone throws up a post saying its worth about $10 and they give no reason for it. It trashes the post and the flames start flying.

I did not ask for your opinion I asked for a PM. If it's more than an opinion then post the reasons. If you see a real problem with the site then I encourage you to speak up, I'm not trying to fleece anyone. All you are doing is trashing this post and causing posters to go elsewhere to barter/sale/trade sites.

If an affiliate could get some inbound links to this site it would make descent money.

I am not trying to start a fight of any kind I’m just tired of the fact-less slamming on this board.

Sid, Joe was being generous. Actually from an affiliate marketing standpoint, there are a number of factors that would enter into my decision to buy or pass on a domain.

* Amount of natural or organic traffic (In this case, not material - a brand new site can quickly exceed the current traffic levels of this site.
    * Current Page Rank (Zero)
    * Website templates and orgainization of website components (html docs, css, js, etc.)
    * The URL - In your case it is a bit long for my taste, but not exceedingly so. This may be the primary assets of this site.
    * The amount of work required by an affiliate to update links, add pages, etc.

You're spending too much for hosting, so most affiliates would only be interested in the domain and web site files.

You may want to keep it, update the links, add a few more pages and merchants, build up traffic then dump it and you may be able to get a much better price.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Paul,

I just made another $60 with it today.

I appreciate the detailed response. I was not looking to make a ton of cash with it; I was hoping to let go to someone with time to work on it.

I don’t know how some make it with their lack of foresight.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread