MLB has switched over to GSI as previously announced, however NONE of the links work!!

They all lead to the home page!

And MLB's entire inventory is now simply a GSI clone.

As if the web needs another GSI cookie cutter site.

I was under the impression that they would keep their product inventory and GSI was simply managing the program somehow.

Got this earlier today (Thursday, 1/29/04; 5:30pm):

Just wanted to remind you that we have changed our site over to GSI. The launch will be official tomorrow, at 9 AM EST.

We will be a full store, still with baseball as our focus, but now including equipment, apparel and other merchandise outside of baseball. Customers can now come to MLB.com Shop and buy a jersey, a glove, a snowboard and a football jersey if they want. We are a full service store, which should help you as our affiliates with the plethora of offerings we will now have.

Anyone who uses a datafeed will be w/o that feed from 9 am EST to 2:30 pm EST. All text and banner links will be available, so if you have images and want to still be able to let your users click through, I will send you a url to the landing page. The url is http://www.shop.mlb.com.com/entry.po...et=z&source=CJ. Please note that its not live yet and wont be until 9:01 am Tomorrow. So you are okay with your current content until 9 am EST tomorrow morning. You can email me at darnel.moore@mlb.com or call me after 6 pm EST at 718.813.6600, this is my cell and I will answer any and all questions all night if I have to for you guys.

Thanks and I KNOW you will like this new site. We are a STORE, with a focus still on MLB first and foremost but you can buy everything under the sun sports there as well.

Thanks for all of your dedication and help in making our program a success!

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
    - Yogi Berra

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Affiliates will take care of the link changes and appreciate your commitment to furnish us the feeds and complete cross store GSI products as SE spam food. You can never have enough SE panel pages kicking any competitors remaining to challenge the price fixing monopoly.

While your at the change over be sure you triple check the buggy GSI reporting interface, so cookie stuffed & clickstream datamined even the BHO's shy away, due to conversion problems. I'd suggest you test purchase off standard network links daily for the first 3 weeks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hey everybody -

I know that there are a number of concerns that have been raised re: MLB.com Shop's integration onto the GSI platform. GSI Commerce has provided MLB.com with a dynamic and progressive site to move forward in our e-commerce efforts for 2004 and beyond. The relationship is a unique one, in the sense that GSI is our Commerce Provider and serves MLB.com Shop in a consulting capacity. Most who post here are used to seeing GSI in a management capacity more often than not with clients they take on. In this relationship however, I will still be the AM for MLB.com Shop's program, with GSI providing back-end support.

I am sorry if this move came as a surprise to some of you, but the relationship between MLB.com and GSI Commerce we feel will provide a broader platform in terms of variety in product sold and MLB.com Shop's greater value amongst its current and future affiliates and business partners. I can understand from an affiliate's perspective the concerns raised here, but there isnt a reason to question MLB.com or GSI in its efforts to create the dynamic site we all expect going forward.

My information is located below for any and all who do not have it and I am very reachable and open to all future concerns and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Darnel J. Moore
    Affiliate Program Manager
    E-Commerce
    MLB Advanced Media, L.P.
    212.485.3461 - p
    212.485.3456 - f
    MLB.com Shop -- For all things Baseball

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
    - Yogi Berra

So, what do you suggest we do for the thousands of links that are now not working?

Regarding the future of the MLB CJ affiliate program, I spoke with Darnel yesterday and do believe he will strongly support the relationships moving forward. As with any transition, there will be unexpected/unwanted hiccups -- e.g. how long the tracking will be off -- but I think he'll do what he can to keep us in the loop.

For more direct questions, I recommend giving him a call; it worked well for me...

GSI sucks. Plain and simple. Not a wise move for MLB. They (Gijoes) still owe me 800 bucks (although they say the sent it January 12th (GSI merchant at Befree) Grrrrrr. This will take a VERY long time to swith over all the links. I sure won't hesitate to use another merchant if they have the same product. One that is NOT with GSI (Worst performing sporting good merchants that I have.) MLB dropped the ball.

I've been waiting for MLB to 'let me in' for about a month now...so I launched without them. Seems like I got lucky.

So what's the beef with GSI? What is the relationship here? Are they operating the store and doing affiliate mgmt?

MLB didn't track a sale for me and so I sent Darnel an email... No response in over a week.

Bye Bye MLB!

CDC

I Can't Complain But Sometimes I Still Do

ABW Ambassador
    I don't understand what is going on with MLB but my links are tracking as once we updated the links, my sales started again. Isn't anyone else getting sales there?

Robin

Sales coming in through the banner and text links, but product links all lead to main page for now. As soon as GSI's catalog is updated with mlb's product line, we can get a new datafeed.

ABW Ambassador
    Coke is great, there was no need for New Coke.

I work in lounge pants

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread