38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Fantastic Idea

25 65.79%
  • No! I Like it the way it is!

2 5.26%
  • Doesn't matter

11 28.95%
    New York

As we continue to grow, We need to streamline for effectiveness and usability. It has been suggested that we regroup the forums as follows:

Commission Junction
    ---Commission Junction

As opposed to having the Ad network forum and then the private merchants forum. I personally Love the idea, but I'd like to get feedback from our members before a final decision was made.

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Sunny Miami
    Add one more group - In House !!

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager
    P: (305) 415-2313
    AIM: miamitigercub

New York
    I plan on adding In-House also, I wanted to show the layout without getting to cumbersome in the explanation. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I think Go Collect and JC Whitney should have thier own separate place. I think it is misleading to group them in CJ as they both have two ways to be handled by affiliates

Jack Mitchell

ABW Ambassador
    I like the idea but it seems to me there is a small conlfict.

If the interest is in "streamlining", you really need a dedicated forum for each merchant.... Bear with me a moment.

How many posts are in the forums on dell or office max or many of the other vendors who seem to have complaints brought up time after time.

New affiliates to the board are overwhelmed with the information in here and they usually will only pay attention to what is currently displayed as active topics. They could likely find more data if they performed a search and I'm sure some do but I suspect the majority don't.

Now the conflict - I understand that a dedicated forum on a vendor is a source of income and hence you would be reluctant to add a folder or dedicated forum for the many smut vendors but....... if the interest is "streamlining", then thats what seems to be logical to me.

Your members would be able to see logical data grouped together and see more history for a merchant quicker.

Less disk space would be required eliminating dulicate posts, fewer searches for posts would performed as well reducing server processing and bandwidth too.

It would also be harder for the smut vendors to continue to hide under the sheets. Currently, topic issues aren't in front of our users very long so complaints get pushed to the back and lose focus. With a dedicated forum for each merchant, issues with the merchant will remain in the forefront much longer and hence "less new affiliates will sign up and be dupped". This would help ensure crappy merchants are not making a dime from feeding off of your members sites.

We can start working to expose bad practices of the companies effectively or.... let um hide under the sheets and continue to feed off of and dup new affiliates.

The sooner we put issues at the forefront and keep them there, the sooner we can change and force smut vendors to change their crappy ways.

Perhaps more income would be derived from getting a vendor to pay you to NOT have a dedicated forum on them - but of course........ thats another catch22.

Food for thought

ABW Ambassador
    United Kingdom
    There's a lot of sense in what HappyPoon is saying - but I think it may prove impractical.

Incidentally, there's some posts gone missing from this thread.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread