10 31.25%
  • 25%

5 15.63%
  • 50%

3 9.38%
  • over 50%

3 9.38%
    ABW Ambassador
    What percentage of earnings do you spend on Advertising.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I don't spend near 10%, but I do spend more than 0%. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I think it's important to remember that at different times in your business' life, you will need to spend different $$$ and/or %. The first quarter I was in biz, I spent 22% of gross on advertising. I made less $$ than I do today and I spent more. I wanted a fast start and felt like it required the investment.

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess i should put in the poll up to %. Perhaps a moderater can change that for me. As It's past the 60 minutes for me to change it myself.

But because of Aff Just and the poll, I thought what % spent of income, would be a good idea, I never imagined people spending 50% of gross on advertising, But perhaps they do, and there's no better way to find out exept ask.

And yes, a new site needs to spend more on advertising then a well established one. But as a rough number it will stop my curiosity.

I have spent 0% for the last 3 months. I haven't felt the need to do so, but am now debating on spending some for kicks, and see if it can grow more.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Like Cedric, I spent a lot more on advertising when I started out because I wanted to get things moving Right Then instead of waiting until I learned how to get rank out of SEs. I think it was a good investment since it let me get some real money in right away.

Now I don't spend a heckuva lot on it.

But I actually intend to spend a lot more in the future to burn my brand into the minds of viewers everywhere, so that when they think of Shopping they think of My Site!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also spend less than 10%, but more than 0%. Voted 10%, since I hope to take advantage of advertising during the upcoming 4th quarter on pages that probably won't get free SE attention.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

In the last 3 months, I spent $0 on advertising. Mind you, I do spend a lot on domain names and other "luxuries" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread