• Sales are 10-25% higher

5 11.11%
  • Sales are about the same

3 6.67%
  • Sales are down 10-25%

11 24.44%
  • Sales are down more than 25%

13 28.89%
    Is it just me or has anyone else seen a severe drop off in affiliate sales starting around the 20th, and continuing through the end of August / beginning of September?

I want to guage if this is a normal Labor Day / late summer slowdown or if there is something wrong with my traffic / site.

Please fill in the trends you have seen during the period of Aug 20th - September 3rd, versus the same period one month ago.

ABW Ambassador
    >>Is it just me or has anyone else seen a severe drop off in affiliate sales starting around the 20th, and continuing through the end of August / beginning of September?<<

Yes, yes, and yes. August will be a good month overall, but starting on about the 20th, things started sliding. I've seen a few good $$$ spikes do to some large individual purchase, but a significant drop in the overall number of transactions.

Sorry you're having a spot of downtime, but in truth, I was glad to see your post -- it's not just me and something I've done horribly wrong to my site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Please fill in the trends you have seen during the period of Aug 20th - September 3rd, versus the same period one month ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, no can do! September hasn't started yet, so it's impossible to fill in any trends for Sept. If you compared *those* dates, OF COURSE your report will seem lower for this year, because that gives last year's range a whole other WEEK'S worth more of transactions that haven't yet even had a chance to happen this year!

But I looked at my results for the days that *have* happened so far--Aug. 20-Aug. 29th. (The 30th has just started as of this writing--it's 3:49 AM--so that day doesn't count).

Since I have put on so many more sites since then that a direct, year to year bottom-line comparison would be VERY skewed, I looked at the figures for the main site which I had on both last year and this year.

Sales at that site alone are about 33% higher than last year.

I also see from looking at the report that certain summer items I put on this year did well for the period. I didn't have those items on the site last year. But this time I put on quite a few summery items to avoid the downturn that hit last year!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Same time a month ago from 20th-30th I'm down about 25%. As Leader pointed out, I can't possibly tell you the stats up to Sept 3.

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent email left on the planet.

I know you can't know what September traffic is yet. I added the date range thru Sept 3rd because I figured this poll would be live for several weeks.

I really just wanted to see if other people had seen the dropoff in sales that I have seen during the past two weeks.

Thanks for your answers and posts!

August started out real good for about 2 weeks, then both traffic and sales...

D
    R
    O
    P
    P
    E
    D

big time between 8/14 to 8/23. It seemed like it was going to pick up, but then it's like a roller coaster. I thought July was going to be a bad month, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. August is OK. Hopefully things will be better after the Labor Day weekend.

My sales are 13 times higher than they were this time last year. No joke!

And, two and a half times what they were in July.

I think I am getting the hang of this.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

August :
    Week 1 = great
    Week 2 = good
    Week 3 = below average
    Week 4 = good

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Website Tools | Webmaster Resources | Website Articles

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Webman, I'm right with you but with me, it's kind of different. My sales with Linkshare and Performics are both higher but my last sale with CJ was on the 19th. Are you talking about CJ specifically or overall?

I was talking sales with all affiliate programs. Funny thing is that my linkshare, befree and performics deals were much lower than my cj sales, which seems to be the opposite of yours. I'm sure it depends on what you're selling and my CJ sales are mostly financial, versus LS and PF being mostly retail / shopping.

From August 31 to Sept 3, my sales dropped 50%

ABW Ambassador
    Sales increase 25% [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] coz i got good PR and some new pages

Sales are still down

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread