View Poll Results: Pirated software?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing - I'm squeaky clean and/or open source

18 36.73%
  • A little - I refuse to shell out for overpriced stuff (e.g. Micro$oft Office)

15 30.61%
  • About half - I'll pay for it one day!

2 4.08%
  • Almost everything - I bought something once I'm sure.

10 20.41%
  • Everything - Shouldn't it be free in the first place?

4 8.16%
    Thinking of the packages you use regularly - what proportion of the software is.. errrm maybe not 100% properly licensed?

(Votes are confidential!)

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Disgraceful

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

What kind of question is that to be asking??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

Well.. let's look at it this way. I have several great packages on my PC that cost less than $100 like PaintShop Pro, Namo, Eudora. I think $100 is a fair price.

Microsoft Office retails at FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. You can get a PC for that much! $500 for a wordprocessing package, spreadsheet and some other stuff? Yeah right,

Меня зовут Динаму

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    You need to buy your software on ebay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I got Office XP professional unopened, never been registered, full version (not academic) for just under $200. I thought that was a reasonable price for what I got. I buy almost all my major software packages off of ebay, although I will price compare around, but I usually wind up back on ebay.

Actually I got my Windows 98SE off eBay a few months back when MS dropped support for Windows 95. No way way I going to try to upgrade to XP!

Меня зовут Динаму

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I just got a new computer, so XP came with. Just try getting a new computer that has a different OS! But the whole XP kept me from getting the computer for a awhile. Finally the old one just got to slow so I sucked it up. You just see so many tech questions about XP doing this and that on message boards. But I'm glad to say no problems. ::::knocking on wood::::: I had a good laugh when I saw that XP used more hard drive space than the total space on my old computer. No wonder you get 40 and 89 GB hard drives now!

But I wouldn't go out and buy XP over 98 and 2000. It's not worth it for the extra features it does has. In my opinion. Although I haven't had the computer crash or freeze once yet. Hmm...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    To heck with MS Office (licensed or other), the "Works" suite came preinstalled on this computer and has served just fine, except for a couple of documents I got that just HAD to have Word. For those, I had the sender resend them as PDFs so I could use the (free) Acrobat Reader instead. Other than that, I haven't seen anything that would make Office any better than Works Suite.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Microsoft Office retails at FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. You can get a PC for that much! $500 for a wordprocessing package, spreadsheet and some other stuff? Yeah right, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly, BUT, why pay for things like that when you can get them for free (or nearly free).

The way I didn't pay $500 for Office 2000 Premium was to pay a small fee to a friend who was upgrading to Windows XP and Office XP. He's happy with the cash and I'm happy with the original (boxed) Office 2000 Premium CD's. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Don't you just love having friends that NEED to have all the newest hardware and software. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

ABW Ambassador
    If anyone is looking for a cheap and good office suite, here are two FREE ones:

I use 602Pro PC suite 2001. Free and contains word processor and spreadsheets that are compatible with word. Plus a photo manipulation program and document organiser called 602 Album.

Also, and this one I tried and liked but it was just too slow is OpenOfficeOrg 1.0. Whole bunch of apps in this suite. It is totally free too. Compatible with Office. Includes presnetation software, HTML editor, Maths formula creator as well as Spreadsheet & word processor. I loved it and would use it if it was not so slow on my
    PII 350.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I bought a new XP machine, and I just love the stability. And someday there will be peripherals that are compatible [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img].

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    i've paid for every piece of softare and scripts on my sites, EXCEPT for bill's junk. Yes, I paid for win95, and than again for 98. And even once for Access... but after that, I learned my lesson.... their software is inferior (for the most part), their support is terrible (thank god for the other sites) they are overpriced AND Bill really does seem bent on ruling the world by catering to the most moronic non-ape on the planet.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by webmistress:
    I bought a new XP machine, and I just love the stability. And someday there will be peripherals that are compatible [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img].
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See now I've had the opposite experience. Things that didn't work with W2000 (my HP Digital Cameran and my scanner) work like a dream with XP.

I went to the XP Launch here in Calgary and we all got free full working copies (not time limited). Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it -- who has than kind of money unless you're buying a new machine.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread