View Poll Results: Let Parasite @ss kissing merchants alone?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rid the world of morpheus altogether

4 26.67%
  • Ban all merchants at ABW who go to bed with Morpheus.

3 20.00%
  • Invite private affiliate program merchants (against parasites) with competing programs (competing with parasite friendly merchants we all use now) to host their own forum here possibly for free.

3 20.00%
  • Let the thieving scumbags carry on - Karma will have its way.

1 6.67%
  • Get George Bush to nuke Morpheus HQ.

4 26.67%
    ABW Ambassador
    I am getting a little demoralised after having read the long list of merchants associated with Morpheus and other scumbags. I would like to know which of these situations you would feel more strongly about. I know I would like all of these things to happen (possible exception option 4), but which one is most important.

I am particulary interested in option 3. What would be the outcome of that? Would merchants drop Morpheus then?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    We have the Lounge, the Merchant Corner, the Linkshare & CJ groups of forums.

Perhaps what we need is 100% Parasite free group. In this group (looking up to heaven with a sort of dreamy smile on my face) we have lots of merchants that are totally against parasiteware. They stand up for and support their true affiliates. Companies that we hard working affilites can rely upon to be honest and trustworthy (OK, dreamy expression now gone). Somewhere that merchants want to be because these are the only merchants who get 100% support from their affiliates. OK, some people do OK with parasite supporting XYZ, others donĀ“t. You are not going to get everyone to drop certain merchants. If we had good alternatives, then we could all drop these tossers.

I would love to see Haiko add a group of forums like this, and then an e-mail campaign (by the rest of us) from ABestWeb to all merchants stating that the elite can be accepted to these forums. These are the recommended merchants of 5000+ affiliates.

Could it, would it make a difference if we had alternatives????????

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I was at this point yesterday.

Frustrated. But stand yourself upk, dust yourself off, and begin to fight.

Email all your merchants that are the on the list. Tell them about ABW, and to please come here if needed.
    (2 hours if lots...use a copy and paste blanket email...even email one's you don't do well with)

Next Put up detect script.(to cover over till Step 3)

The last ABW fought Morpheus, we had tons drop them. Don't delete too many quite yet, unless you want to.

Next. Start Replacing Merchants, one's that don't write back, or haven't stopped by the next week.

This is what you can do as a little guy.

All merchants are replacable, the problem is some convert better than others. And it takes Numbers to really show the difference to these merchants.

We will Survive.

The problem is Morpheus went clean the last time, The poster child went bad. All the networks, gave them a second chance, and most of them let them in again. Is it the merchants fault? Yes and NO. Is it the Networks fault? Yes. Is it our fault? No.

The problem is who is going to be the Parasite Police. Scumware cops. Who is going to get paid to monitor the scum on the web. This is where the problem starts. Then its the Networks fault, for not monitoring someone already considered bad news. Then its the merchants fault for trusting them a second time.

How many merchants are going to trust the Networks word? Probably most.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    I agree it is the networks fault here. When Morpheus reapplied to places it was dropped from they should have had to present documentation showing how many hits THEY get to their web sites with affiliate links...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

How are they going to make their money. It should be documented and fully explained so that merchants can make up teir own minds.

I might totally misunderstnd the situation but that is my take on it. Merchants should have the low down on the situation so they can decide whether they want to pay Morpheus a percentage ontop of their google Adword fees.

Andy Williams

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread