View Poll Results: How does BeFree perform for you?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stopped using BeFree

6 12.24%
  • Poor performance

20 40.82%
  • Average performance

3 6.12%
  • Some merchants does well

15 30.61%
  • Better performance than other networks

5 10.20%
    BeFree is one of the biggest and oldest networks and they have very high 'quality', popular merchants. But, as far as I see from my results, and hear from other people, they seem to be a poor performer for affiliates, which is relatively odd, comparing to other networks.

I wanted to know how is it with you in terms of general performance: visitor popularity, impressions to clicks and most importantly sale conversions.

ABW Ambassador
    I am hesitant to admit this in public, but having dropped all but the well performing merchants at beFree, my BeFree EPC for the last two monthes was higher than my CJ performance.

I think that was more the affect of the "Some merchants do well" factor, than any thing on BeFree's part.

I think it is worthwhile keeping an eye on BeFree/ValueClick, and promoting their few decent merchants. After all, CJ is an Ideal Labs creation, and may succumb to the Gross tendency of veering toward the dark side.

Protophoto - Short Stories

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it is worthwhile keeping an eye on BeFree/ValueClick, and promoting their few decent merchants. After all, CJ is an Ideal Labs creation, and may succumb to the Gross tendency of veering toward the dark side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There is something besides BeFree and CJ.. you know.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Agreed, though...

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Our trusted third parties have proven to be a little less than trustworthy. They seemed far more interested in establishing a power base than creating a lucrative market.

My big fear is that if any of the affiliate networks get a monopoly they will become even worse than they are today.

Whenever, I can, I will use a private or direct commission programs than the big three.

BeFree's take on the market is that they are a technology that companies can purchase. In this regard their program is more like a bunch of independent programs.

Of course, since BeFree is so tightly aligned with eBates and Gator, the network is a little more like a bunch of independent programs with a large hairy cancerous growth and oozing pustules and a horrid putrid stench of decay.

But there are a few programs that have cut out the cancer.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread