View Poll Results: Who gets on the list!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • First come first serve -- the fastest win

0 0%
  • ABW Moderators decide -- the most just!

1 14.29%
  • Based on total commission revenue of the affiliate -- this hits eBates hardest.

2 28.57%
  • We should bid for inclusion in the exclusion list on ebay -- free market solution

1 14.29%
  • Women and children first -- chivalry

3 42.86%
    ABW Ambassador
    It was brought up in the long thread that the list needs to be downloaded into the client computer. If that is the case, then 2K URLs might be the max. A 500k domain list would take too long to distribute.

So, I thought I would try my hand at a poll. If inclusion on the list is limited to 2000 domains, how should we decide who gets included?

ABW Ambassador
    Paul says a thousand or two in the artical, Haiko says pretty much unlimited and I don't see a place where I can sign up at all even though Shawn tells me thats part of what I need to do to protect myself from them parasites stealing my commissions.

I wait till vaporware become reality before voting. But I do like the sarcasim.

Sarcasm is great. You should have included a "None of the above" for none of the options are just or equitable.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Great pool. This topic needed a little levity.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TCS:

Sarcasm is great. You should have included a "None of the above" for none of the options are just or equitable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am a sarcastic b#$!#^d...aren't I?

If I had a sixth option, it would say "based on the number of ABW posts." I was having a hard time deciding between that and the chivarly option.

A none of the above option would allow for dissent. Can't have that now.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    y,

Where are you getting those figures from? I know from the WhenU db of inclusions and exclusion the file size is around 2.5Mb in size and that there are around 145,000 enteries. Also for WhenU, there are a lot more extra characters involved then there would be for a db of just domain names. They have a rather long numerical code with each entery, plus a large portion of the enteries are long key word phrases, which are much longer than any domain name would ever be.

Also as far as the size being to large to download, I know that when whenu installed itself, the db file was created but there was no data in it (i checked because whenu didn't seem to be operating). At some point after the install, the db propogated, although I never was able to detect it happened. The 2.5Mb size didn't seem to be an issue. Also, the db seems to update itself or at least check for updates, several times a day, because the last modified date will change. As enteries are either deleted or added to their list, it does not appear that the whole entire file is being redownloaded, since I'm not creating a new "File Created" date. I've never been able to detect when these changes happen. The only way I'm aware is by looking at the File Properties.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread