1 9.09%
  • 4.1 to 10%

1 9.09%
  • 10.1 to 20%

5 45.45%
  • 20.1 +

2 18.18%
    $$$$$ CJ Payment

On the 11th or 12th, after reversals are in, I'll start with my account balance, subtract this month's transactions and the extended transactions for last month. I'll add back in any bonuses from this month.

How close will that be to my actual payment for January?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Not close enough. You forgot to count the extensions (that weren't eventually reversed) from the month *before* last, which will be added to your current payment along with last month's unextended transactions and this month's bonuses.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

There's also the little problem of "partial reversals" now that these are subtracted from your original transactions as newly input transaction items...unless you want to match-off each and every "correction" with "corrected".

And to complicate things further, "corrected" reports are generated on the month the original transaction occurs, while "corrections" are generated on the month the reversal actually takes place. Add "extended transactions" into the mix, and you will need to generate 3 months reports for reconciliation to be absolutely sure.

Anyway, we have not been able to reconcile our accounts for a few months in a row now. But do I really care? Not really, so long as CJ gets the basics right --- TRACKING & PAYING.

VAN.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Not close enough. You forgot to count the extensions (that weren't eventually reversed) from the month *before* last, which will be added to your current payment along with last month's unextended transactions and this month's bonuses.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think those would be included in my account balance.

But if there are re-extensions for that month I didn't remember to include them, I think.

Do we take into account all those quirky ebay reversals last month that got unreversed and then reversed again?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think those would be included in my account balance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But can we trust the cumulative account balance enough to begin with. We usually start reconciling from the "monthly total +/- all other nonsense" or if we really feel like torturing ourselves, from the sales total and work upwards or is it backwards?

But in any case, we usually also end up totally "out" (cannot reconcile to either the account balance or the cheque amount).

Like Ron said,

VAN.

It’s nice to see I’m not the only one having this problem. I haven’t been able to get my reports to reconcile the payment amount for several months now since the change.

Van you said:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyway, we have not been able to reconcile our accounts for a few months in a row now. But do I really care? Not really, so long as CJ gets the basics right --- TRACKING & PAYING.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree that it’s nice the tracking and payment seem to be correct and on time. I really dislike the inability to get reports to match the payment amount.

This is the reason I have continually pounded on CJ to make us one new report that will tell us exactly what transactions are included in a check.
    Maybe if everyone helps by sending CJ their concerns and complaints on this issue, they will make us this new report.
    I’ve gone back and forth with CJ customer service every month on this problem. I was once told a new report is forthcoming, but in my mind not soon enough.

I hope everyone else with this problem sends his or her complaints to CJ customer service.

Believe it or not, it was off by only 1.6%

And if I don't include my bonus that was added yesterday, it was only off by a penny.

Of course, I don't have any idea which transactions I'm being paid for this month.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread