ABW Ambassador
    http://www.bizchair.com
    Anybody know anything about them? New CJ merchant looks real good, some nice looking leather chairs. I need to buy a new one

I work in lounge pants

Extremely reputable. I know the folks behind it.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, looks great, they have all kinds of chairs/seating.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Nice product line!
    The website, however is like a bad affiliate site with the repetition of keywords LOL

quote:
    The La-Z-Boy chairs are among some of the finest in the industry. From leather executive office chairs to comfy recliners fit for a king, you are sure to find a La-Z-Boy chair that will be right for you. La Z Boy; Lazy Boy; Lazyboy; La-Z-Boy.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Web site looks good, products look good, but isn't a company that sells through a Yahoo store and the "search" is through yahoo and the "check-out" through yahoo an affiliate type site or owned by Yahoo.

IMO, I really dont trust sites that sell products online and do not have their own domain.com name selling direct. Perhaps I don't know any better.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    IMO, I really dont trust sites that sell products online and do not have their own domain.com name selling direct.

For me it depends on what the non-owned domain is. I'm a lot more comfortable dealing with a Yahoo store than I would be if it was Tripod!

Yahoo's got a lot of reasons that small merchants may want to go through them. Their shopping cart, they integrate the payment gateway (at least I think they do), and their monthly fee is often more affordable to a small merchant than the relatively large fees that can be associated with having your own setup for accepting payments/secure server cert, etc.

So I don't really have trouble dealing with Yahoo stores although when a merchant is there it sends me a signal that they are smaller than they may look!

As for ownership, the Yahoo stores I've seen are typically owned by independent, non-affiliate merchants who have signed up (for a fee) to use Yahoo's resources like checkout, hosting, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As for this merchant, the product line looks very cool and they have a much larger selection than any brick-n-mortar furniture store I've looked in.

But on the negative side, they have no datafeed, the category looks fairly saturated, and they only pay 5%.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

Hi There,

Let me clarify a few things:

1) The use of those La-Z-Boy keywords is simply because there are so many variations of how someone puts in "La-Z-Boy".

2) We started off with Yahoo store because it was affordable when we started online 2+ years ago. Since then, we have grown and have just stayed with Yahoo because of its security and reliability. We do have our own domain: www.bizchair.com

3) We do not have a datafeed yet, however, we are working to add this soon. Hopefully it will be in place within the next couple of days...also the commission may seem small, but keep in mind our average order is around $400 so there is a lot of potential for commissions. Often times companies place orders for 10 chairs at $329 each...

Thank you for your consideration,

Sean Belnick
    www.BizChair.com

Sean

I just wanted to post that we have our datafeed setup. If you have any questions or concerns let me know (sean@bizchair.com) or 800-924-2472.

Thank you,

Sean

Sean

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi,

The feed needs a bit of help but it's better than none! And I've seen worse with other merchants. But it still needs help. The help it needs is that some chairs (I saw 16 that have this problem) are only listed by their number, and the number is all that's in the keyword and description fields for those items. That needs to be replaced with commonly-used (by customers, not your shipping department) names, appropriate keywords, and a truly descriptive description for the chairs in question. The picture isn't enough because in order to see it, people have to find the pages in the first place!

Fortunately, most of the items don't seem to be afflicted by this lack of information.

On a brighter note, I finally bought a new chair--and I got it from Bizchair! It's one I looked in about 5 local furniture and office stores to find, with no luck.

Nice n' comfy!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread