View Poll Results: How long to make a living?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • one to four months

8 11.43%
  • four to eight months

5 7.14%
  • eight to eighteen months

18 25.71%
  • more than a year and a halfI

12 17.14%
  • don't make enough to make a living yet

27 38.57%
    Greetings,

How long did it take you to reach a point where you could make a living with affiliate marketing?

ABW Ambassador
    You're obviously looking for some pie-in-the-sky solution. The bottom line is it'll still be totally up to you. Realistically, there are far too many variables in everything.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    You're obviously looking for some pie-in-the-sky solution. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? How do you know?

Obviouslythis isn't going to tell me how long it's going to take for *me* to get there- I'm not that nieve!

I'm not looking for "pie in the sky" I know there's a lot of factors. I'm just curious to see what the spread is, and if this generates any conversation, that could be informative.

Don't read to much into the poll, or jump to conclusions. How do you know what I'm looking for by looking at one or two posts, or what my motives are for posting them?

Cheers,

SirenSong

PS- If you want to know my motivation for posting the poll, you couldask me rather than telling me!

Cheers,

ABW Ambassador
    Sirensong - I think it is an interesting poll.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    Sirensong - I think it is an interesting poll.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> PS- If you want to know my motivation for posting the poll, you couldask me rather than telling me! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't get your undies in a bunch. I merely provided comment on the info provided.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    Don't get your undies in a bunch. I merely provided comment on the info provided.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You also caught me at the end of a long day. We all have them

No hard feelings, no offence

SirenSong

SirenSong,

I found this poll especially interesting and even useful in my case. Everyone that I discuss affiliate marketing with wants to know how long I was at it before I was able to quit my day job (which just happened to be a night job). Very good insight, thanks!

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

very interesting question SirenSong,

I say if you work day in and day out for couple of months and do all the reading and listening the advice that is given to you and analys it.

You can make it in four months.

But the work never ends and the opportunity is there!

I love it it's very interesting job(Yes it's a job! )
    and not only you make enough money to live, you also learn alot of stuff and meet alot of people in ABW.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I love it it's very interesting job(Yes it's a job! ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Tis not. J*bs are those things where if you take a vacation the pay stops, not to mention all the other hash that goes with 'em...

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

Does a living = one computer + internet connection + utilities + Ramen noodles + one microwave ? If it does, then I'm already there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david11982:
    Does a living = one computer + internet connection + utilities + Ramen noodles + one microwave ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd settle for that- that's enough to keep me out of a nine-to-five and on my own schedule.

'course, no harm in shooting for more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    and not only you make enough money to live, you also learn alot of stuff and meet alot of people in ABW.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true!

As far as I'm concerned, the clock is starting about now, since my first sales-based site goes up this week. (Up until now I've just had the c*ntent site, which has not been much of a revenue maker- I'm encouraged by ABW posts that indicate this is par for the course, and that a sales-based site might perform a lot better. Also, the c*ntent site hasn't even been danced yet!) When I get there, I'll answer my own poll to tell how long it took.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader J*bs are those things where if you take a vacation the pay stops, not to mention all the other hash that goes with 'em...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention, a J*b is where you can get called in at 2:30 on a Wednesday afternoon and be told "we're really happy with the work your doing, but we grew the department too fast during the economic boom... I want to emphasise this is not performance based..." and find out you have ten minutes to leave the building.

Yes, self-employment can also fail, but you usually have plenty of oppertunities to fix it first (if you're paying attention), and also get a little warning

SirenSong
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

[This message was edited by SirenSong on April 01, 2003 at 05:24 PM.]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread