View Poll Results: Thoughts of new look CJ (the coke example)

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Choice of a new generation (like pepsi)

10 22.22%
  • Best new product since diet coke

7 15.56%
  • Best new product since cherry coke

4 8.89%
  • Worst disaster since NEW coke

19 42.22%
  • It'll come and go quietly like Mello Yellow

5 11.11%
    The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    What do you think of the new look and functionality of cj? For all of you who don't know cola jargon
    1st pick means, its new and the youngums will like it, the older folks don't want any change so they don't get it.
    Diet coke filled a need not addressed by regular coke, people flocked to the new soda (mostly overweight people ;-)
    I like cherry coke, sound product but not a blockbuster like diet coke.
    Coke is not called coca-cola classic b/c they changed the recipe of coke to a "New Coke", everyone hated it and they had to rerelease the old 'classic' coke.
    I remember mello yellow, a coke product like mountain dew. Where I live, it came, lasted a while and now you can't find it. I do hear that there are certain areas of the country that still drink it.

Mike

I think it far too soon to vote on the usefulness of the new UI. It has only been available for a few hours. I think a vote would be more useful in another week after everyone has some time to use it and better understand the new functionality and UI.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

I agree the UI is very functional. Main problems, I think, are the grey on black uptop and waaay to much white space.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think it far too soon to vote on the usefulness of the new UI <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe too soon to vote on the actual usefulness, but as for the more aesthetic aspects...

From a quick check it looks better than I expected...

I will miss the "$" ratings. 5 "$s" just seems so much RICHER than merely having a line of bars!

Hopefully something is going to go in the lower left of the main screen...

And at the time of this writing there's a 404 coming up after logging out. And I couldn't see the "more info" on the features, cuz when I clicked for the popup it kept saying I had to log in again. And again. And again.

"Expired" sounds a lot better than REJECTED, that's for sure!!! I'm glad to see the death of *that* other term.

On the other hand, it'll be less fun to "expire" an "advertiser's offer", than it was to "hit the Drop Program button"!

That's all the looking I've done so far...I'll look more closely when the most important part is online again--the View Reports area!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    How about another vote option:

x There are far more important things like parasites and qksrv.net click-blockers to worry about.

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

Drewbert ... I agree.

I am patiently waiting for CJ to do something about the god awful qksrv.net links that are major headaches.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    I think it far too soon to vote on the usefulness of the new UI.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Almost everyone will get used to almost any UI. So far though, I've noticed that I used to be able to log-in once and go back all day long with no more prompts, now it's timing out and requiring a new log-in. Additionally, I'm getting a lot of "page contains both secure and insecure items" IE pop-ups which is pretty annoying. Since I'm not willing to reduce my security settings I hope that is fixed soon.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish the balance was bigger and more visible. It's really hard to read on my screen.

Kip

This CJ "update" was about what I expected.

The site went down before it was scheduled to go down.

The site came back up after it was scheduled to come back up.

More useful features are gone from the interface.

Apparently it wasn't tested before being rolled out. (No option to see SmartZones, except for the first page - there are no links to consecutive pages of SmartZones - go back to Web Design 101, CJ!!!)

Apparently no one thought that dark gray on black would be difficult to see. (See comment in paragraph above.)

Links for the page to explain the new changes don't work...

I wonder how much CJ is paying the people that come up with these great ideas anyway...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    I have to agree with Todd. It's way to early to judge.

I will also point out how many countless times I've gotten used to a layout from software, a website, or even this web board, that at fist I didn't like the changes, but realized later that they were for the better.

Hopefully, CJ consulted some usability studies, and/or contacted their customers/affiliates and merchants, about what needed to be done, instead of guessing about how it "should" flow better.

Edit to add: I thought the old interface was fine. Looks like the new one is more robust and clean.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hopefully, CJ consulted some usability studies, and/or contacted their customers/affiliates and merchants, about what needed to be done, instead of guessing about how it "should" flow better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? I can't see any people making a living as an affiliate being pleased with what CJ did. And I'm not speaking only about cosmetic changes. CJ may have bad taste, I don't really care, as long as the information and features I need are there. It's not the case and I don't need to wait another week to see it. Just an example, did they listen and change the product links, NO, Product Catalog 1 is still there. I don't need a week to "better understand the new functionality"

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have to agree with Todd. It's way to early to judge.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I don't believe so. This has been in the works for a long time, and to roll it out with important data in a small font that almost matches the background, no access to Smartzones past the first page, and important tools (like chargeback data) completely missing from the merchant information, it's pretty obvious to me where CJ is headed with this update.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hopefully, CJ consulted some usability studies, and/or contacted their customers/affiliates and merchants, about what needed to be done, instead of guessing about how it "should" flow better.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I certainly wasn't contacted, and I would be happy to look at upcoming products and offer feedback, no doubt many at ABW would. I doubt any publisher would have agreed to the problems already mentioned. Usability studies? Are you kidding? Take another look...

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I totally agree with you Andy.

To make changes that are certainly supposed to be an "upgrade" and only appear to be a significant "down grade" is just a serious bad business call IMO.

I noticed several factors of the new version 6 that I did not like well beyond just simple color problems.

It appears to me that the new version is geared more for hiding important details from the affiliate rather than helping them diagnose sales and chargebacks.

I think that if CJ was primarily interested in it's affiliates views it would have made a prototype area and asked it's users for feedback and recommendations before launching such a god awful new "upgrade".

I guess upgrades are only geared for merchants abilities and no consideration to it's affiliates (primary profit makers) is considered in this equation. ..... shameful.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

Not sure if I find additional functionality on the CJ 6.0. Looks the same function to me. Except whenever i try to search for an advertiser for a particular keyword, go to an advertiser, get the link and hit back to go to other advertiser. i got "Warning: Page has Expired" message.

Leader,
    I think they are trying to differentiate "Advertiser Declined" (declined at the first application) and "Expired" (dropped, a.k.a. kicked out from a program), instead of plain "Rejected" status.

Regards,

=xo=

Oh hmmmm .... it finally showed some stats .. guess logging was not effected because it shows we had 0 hits the entire weekend ... awesome. I'm impressed!

I am certainly glad we use hardly any merchants from CJ with that kind of tracking for sure.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

Stats are back ... we did get hits this weekend now.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

ABW Ambassador
    What was the USEFULNESS of the CJ forum thread discussions on NEEDED upgrades when NONE of them were used? There's more GONE than added, that's for sure.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Like all CJ updates... sales down. I did get one Saturday.. but none since

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I see there has been no change in the goofy expired links mails. Just got 9 of them from e bay. Why not send one message as was suggested months ago in here

I sent a notice to support earlier about clicking on the links just taking me to a page that doesn't work.
    Now it just logs me out.....

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    The downgrade sucks.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    What was the USEFULNESS of the CJ forum thread discussions on NEEDED upgrades when NONE of them were used? There's more GONE than added, that's for sure.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about all the suggestions we gave to Todd's questions about upgrading the email system. I beleive we were asked a few months ago for our opinious and about 6 months before that we were asked also.

Sooooo, where are the changes? Will we have to wait until upgrade 7.0?

And where are the datafeeds I've been so patient waiting for?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I see there has been no change in the goofy expired links mails. Just got 9 of them from e bay. Why not send one message as was suggested months ago in here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You wouldn't really want CJ to do anything helpful to publishers, would you???

I mean, why would they deviate from recent behavior? They keep taking useful tools away from publishers, tools that would help make more money for us, our advertisers, and ultimately CJ, but they certainly don't want to GIVE ANYTHING BACK in return...

Andy

MERCHANTS! Ask yourselves: "What's in my affiliate program that makes it worthwhile to publishers?" Hint: if you have one day cookies, or if the cookie is deleted after the first sale, or if you reverse legitimate transactions, you have nothing to offer.

Heck I can't even login to the upgrade at cj.com
    and when I come thru the back door I can't read my
    earnings status cause the numbers are so small and when I try to log out I get an error page.

I'm just quitting and going to watch the war till all this is sorted out and hopefully fixed

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread