Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I see we have a new merchant at CJ called Laptopsforless.com. What I find very interesting is that laptopsforless.com's menu (on left side) takes you to over a dozen other URL's, but with the same site theme. I believe all the URL's are owned by laptopsforless, but only checked a few.

I've never seen a CJ merchant website like this before. Is this really wierd or is this just something I've never seen before?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    That is strange the way it's set up. Looks like all the domains in the URLs are owned by the same person in LA.

I just finished looking at them myself ... I ran fast and saved laptopliquidator.com for another day

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

wow, and from those other domains you will be transfered to yet another domain l-f-l.com
    Wonder what that will do for to your cookies.

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

[edited]
    Sorry I just retraced my steps and it was a different company selling laptops, not Laptops 4 less

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

[This message was edited by NewcastleB on December 29, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hello Ron, bob95603, Haiko, Remy, and Jason/NewcastleB!

I am Laptops For Less's Affiliate Manager. In the next day or two we will have our own private ABestWeb forum set up so that we can address and discuss anything and everything about our new CJ program. You're all invited!

Ron, you've pointed out a very important part of the way we do things here at Laptops For Less.

Laptops For Less owns 30+ domains which we use across our various product lines in order to help categorize and bookmark our products for shoppers. All of these domains reside on the same web server, and all of these domains utilize the very same shopping cart which has been fully integrated and tested with Commission Junction's link and cookie tracking technology.

No matter which Laptops For Less CJ link you send your visitors to, you will get the commissions on their sales regardless of the domain they end up on before they actually make a purchase with us.

For example, if a shopper clicks on one of our laptop battery links (text or banners) on your site, but ends up buying a digital camera battery on one of our other domains, you still get the commission!

As Laptop For Less's dedicated Affiliate Manager, I am available to answer any questions you may have regarding our program.

Remember, we'll soon have our own private forum set up here at ABestWeb. Please join us!

Paul
    Affiliate Manager, Laptops For Less

Looks pretty good actually, ran through a couple of part numbers that I order regularly and they popped up just fine. Seems to be pretty comprehensive

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Paul,

Thanks for the info. We are sometimes a little touchy here, what with all the parasite issues we have to deal with every day and this forum serves a great service in helping to weed them out. When we see sites like yours that jump from URL to URL to URL, a red flag naturally goes up.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Fix the link you have for affiliate information (the one listed at CJ). It does not work.
    2. Fix a bunch of other links. I found lots of pages with 404 messages and found links on your left menu that don't work on some pages.

Thanks again for coming here to explain your site.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Whew! I just almost had a heart attack while checking out the site. I just joined the program. I will be doing a test drive of this program on one of my sites.

Ron, you have a right to be a little touchy working day to day in a wild and free internet.

Thanks for the suggestions. I fixed the affiliate info link.

Regarding the other 404 errors, you may have run into the site at a time when the server was being worked on. I will have the site checked again to be sure.

One nice thing about having so many domains setup is that if we need to work on one site, we still have over 20 other sites/domains functional.

Happy Holidays!

Paul

Akiva, welcome to the program. And thanks for joining!

If there's anything I can do to assist please let me know. You can email me directly by replying to the welcome email or addressing your email to the email address listed on the welcome email.

Best Regards,

Paul

Welcome to ABW, Paul!

I'm looking forward to your new forum.

Andy

Paul do you have a datafeed through CJ?

Thanks for the welcome, Andy. And Happy New Year to all!

I'm working on setting up the forum this week. Will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Paul Hagopian, Affiliate Manager
    Laptops For Less
    affiliates@laptopsforless.com

Hi brianboru, we are in the process of setting up our CJ datafeed this week. We are currently testing the feed.

I expect to have it available by next week at the latest (if not by the end of this week).

Using the feed in total and/or linking to select products directly using the data in the feed will yield you a much higher click-to-buy rate than if you didn't.

Thanks for your interest in the datafeed and for your patience while we set it up. I'll post here again when it's ready.

Best Regards,

Paul Hagopian, Affiliate Manager
    Laptops For Less
    affiliates@laptopsforless.com

Any chance you have a feed independant of CJ? If you do I would setup a site just for you.

Thanks and welcome

Hello Zoe, and thank you for your interest in our affiliate program.

At this time, we are setting up a CJ datafeed as this is what the majority of our CJ affiliates are technically setup to utilize. It will also allow affiliates to easily link to specific products through CJ without necessarily using the entire feed.

For Laptops For Less opportunities outside of our CJ program, please contact me at affiliates AT laptopsforless.com to discuss your proposal further.

Thank you,

Paul Hagopian

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    At this time, we are setting up a CJ datafeed as this is what the majority of our CJ affiliates are technically setup to utilize.
    I don't think it's a majority. I haven't a clue how to utilize datafeeds. But a "lot" do ask for them but I think there's actually more that don't use them either.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've sent computer resellers to your sites for several years in my wholesale club. Definitely could use a CJ computer related merchant as I pulled all of them last year as they were 2 years worth of traffic duds. Maybe you can scare TD, Overstock and ComputerGeeks into fixing their conversion ratios.

Once you have that datafeed worked out then see Akiva for his Product Showcase Creater tool to make high conversion mini-showcases.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Brian (aka Cyclone), thank you for your input.

Using a Laptops For Less datafeed is like having your own copy of the entire Laptops For Less online product catalog built into your site. Setting up a datafeed like ours on your site would let your site visitors search your site for any of our 700+ products, and click/shop right down to the specific product they want BEFORE leaving your site.

This inevitably increases your click-to-buy ratios since more clicks leaving your site would go directly to the specific product the shopper clicked on, rather than clicking just to go to a site's home page or even a sub category page. It also greatly increases the value of your site to your shoppers (helping you to retain your visitors, and gain returning shoppers).

One of the keys to using the Laptops For Less CJ feed is that you get over 700 direct CJ product links on your site without you needing to post each product and link manually since it's done automatically all in one feed. All you have to do is provide the interface to the feed. This provision can be accomplished in more than several ways.

Between CJUOnline and CJ's online support area there is a wealth of info to assist you with setting up the feed on your site. CJ's support staff can also assist and of'course I am happy to assist you as well answer any questions you may have.

ALSO, in addition to the CJ datafeed, we'll be providing an advanced link type for Laptops For Less Affiliates which will in many ways mimick the CJ datafeed. It will allow those of you who do not have the resources or know-how to facilitate the CJ datafeed to still take advantage of the ability to generate dynamic and direct links to our 700+ products. We'll make this advanced link type available to Laptops For Less Affiliates in the not-too-distant future.

Best Regards,

Paul Hagopian

Mike and Charlie, thank you for your referrals, encouragement, and suggestions.

CJ publishers who have joined the Laptops For Less Affiliate program in the past few days since we launched the program have already experienced exceptional conversion ratios.

Also, the advanced link tool we'll be adding to our program at CJ will include a dynamic showcase and dynamic catalog link. We're working hard to develop this tool in such a way that you as a publisher will need only to perform minimal set up and maintainence for the link to generate ongoing commissions.

Thanks again for your message!

Paul Hagopian

darn, i noticed laptopsforless after I wrote up a review on the PowerRunner which you guys carry. If I had known i would have put up the affiliate link ;-(

I own a popular Technology news site.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    AH a new merchant learning we live and die by conversion ratios and landing pages. Welcome Paul.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

GDogX, thank you for considering Laptops For Less while writing and publishing your reviews. Your site sounds interesting! Which one is it?

We'd love to have your site be a part of the Laptops For Less Affiliate Program.

Click Here if you are a current CJ Member and wish to signup for our affiliate program.

Click Here if you are NOT a current CJ Member and wish to signup for our affiliate program.

Best Regards,

Paul Hagopian
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Laptops For Less

Mike and Charlie, thank you for the warm welcome.

Having worked on boths sides of the market for many "e-years", I've learned and helped develop the keys that publishers, affiliates, and merchants need to generate more profitable revenue streams. I'm working hard to provide those keys to all Laptops For Less Affiliates for easy implementation.

I am also open to suggestions and new ideas that can make your life as a publisher and affiliate easier and more rewarding. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Thanks again,

Paul Hagopian
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Laptops For Less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast