View Poll Results: Are you doing this for your kids benefit and yours?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 59.09%
  • no

8 36.36%
  • maybe

1 4.55%
    Will you try to get your kid or children interested in affiliate marketing(internet marketing) when they are old enough and if they want too for the future? Hmm if I had kids I would!

Look at (if they want too) if there not interested, then there not interested.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yep. Stay tuned, actually, for my 12 year old's site. Because of his age, I will have to run his affiliate program for him, but the kid's a genius, really he is. He has found a niche, and he is building his own site as we speak. Kinda scaring me, actually, he is so focussed. He knows what he wants, though, so we are encouraging him to persue his goals.

If he ends up making more money than me, though, I am going to be pi****!

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Affiliate Manager
    My son is a bit young- but already has a computer of his own- favorite site is google images where he can yell out yellow cow, purple cat, black duck and we can make it show up on the screen for him (too much brown bear book?)

I have gotten my siblings into it- or at least tried. One has a small poster site, brings in about 50-100 each month and is thrilled with that. Another is studying to be a graphic designer- focusing on web work and logos- he's likely to be a top affiliate for a few of our friendly neighborhood merchants in the near future.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

My 12 yr old daughter has her own domain and sells cds & posters... I think she works on her neo-pets stuff more though!

My 10 yr old daughter has her own domain and sells beauty products.. Their choice's of domain names and niches accurately reflect the things they hold important!

Both are very interested about affiliate work, kinda on & off about actually working on it though... both really enjoy the Google images also (SafeSearch set to "Strict Filtering! ). Our kids are the only people that know what we mean when we excited about Google indexing! We find we like talking with them more than talking with most of the people we know anyways... they're far more intelligent!

cheers!

Mel
    Goal: $4500 per month by Christmas, 2003
    Sunset Beach Trading Company - Financially Free in 2003

Of course not. I don't want more competition! . On a more (and still not so) serious note : I wouldn't . This affiliate marketing is so addictive () that I don't have time to even find a girlfriend..so kids are out of the question really

Both of my kids already have their own domains and make money with affiliate marketing. But neither one of them want to do it for a living - kids are 10 & 14. They do enjoy the extra spending money and 50% of what they earn must be put in savings - thats the rule around this house. Most of the time they save far more than 50% though.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Aw, matlok, Haiko really does need to start an abestdating.com site for affiliate marketers looking to date while working on their site.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Aw, matlok, Haiko really does need to start an abestdating.com site for affiliate marketers looking to date while working on their site.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If abestdating.com has an affiliate program...I'll make the affiliate who refers me rich!

LOL Matlok!
    This affiliate marketing is so addictive () that I don't have time to even find a girlfriend..so kids are out of the question really

Hmm that's how I feel, no Girl friend till I make enough money to quit work(Safeway that is) then I'll look :0)>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My son is a bit young- but already has a computer of his own- favorite site is google images where he can yell out yellow cow, purple cat, black duck and we can make it show up on the screen for him<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 3-yr old is the same - he thinks I ROCK because he can ask for anything and it can appear on the screen. He thought he had me with a "swimming cat" but Google came good with this classic...

http://www.petchannel.com/catfancy/c...?RecordNo=6182

...among others.

I'll let my kids find their own path. They're a bit young to understand the whole thing (5 1/2 & 2).

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    I'll let my kids find their own path. They're a bit young to understand the whole thing (5 1/2 & 2).

Karl Smith
    _http://www.phillyburbs.com_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never too young Maybe one of your kids becomes the Mozart of affiliate marketing...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread