Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • an indy program with a higher commission

15 83.33%
  • an established network with a lower commission

3 16.67%
    Affiliate Manager
    Hey all,
    After reading one of the posts in the Cafe, http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...83#5336039883, I'm wondering how popular indy programs are.

Would you, as an affiliate, prefer to partner with a merchant via:

ABW Ambassador
    Personally I like independent programs. My pest performing merchants are all independent programs. One merchant has gone so far as to create a datafeed just for me (I had to explain what a feed was, how it was used, etc.) and this program does very well for me because as far as I know I'm the only one promoting this merchant this extensively by using the feed

As the old saying on Wall Street goes ...

"Either your Inside or your Outside!"

I'm a big indie supporter but it really does depend on the tracking software they use!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I didn't vote because neither of those choices are really appealing. Personally, I'd like a network--with a higher commission! And the network I'd like is CJ, not that consolidation-less wonder or the feedless wonder.

Indies can be okay but I think they're a pain in the butt once there's more than a few in the stable. Finding a decent one is kind of like trying to hunt a grounhog on a 10-acre wooded lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> this program does very well for me because as far as I know I'm the only one promoting this merchant this extensively by using the feed ~Stanley<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enjoy it while it lasts! I did that with an indie last year, and this year they sent out an email offering their feed to everybody who breathes!!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Enjoy it while it lasts! I did that with an indie last year, and this year they sent out an email offering their feed to everybody who breathes!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...that's my kind of luck for sure!

ABW Ambassador
    I create my own datafeeds, where one is not available, so no one else can use it. Makes for nice positioning in Google and elswhere. A LOT of work, but well worth it.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I vote for a network that pay commission timely and can issue replacement check when postal error.

i hate those indy never send me a check and those indy that never answer my emails.

Commission rate is second to the factor that i can get the real check.

http://8n.nu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I create my own datafeeds, where one is not available, so no one else can use it. Makes for nice positioning in Google and elswhere. A LOT of work, but well worth it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only a few times w*rk is worth it, but I agree--that's one of them. Not all my merchants are suited for that, though...

I suppose some people will laugh and say, "well, it's Unique Content then, no wonder it ranks well..."

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    I spent almost an entire week working on a datafeed for one merchant who didn't offer one. I only checked about 20 of the pages, but at least 10 of those were number 1 on Google.

I have recently changed my ideas of what I should be doing. I see no value in using the exact same datafeed as hundreds of other people. I would much rather create unique content. It makes sense.

I am now averaging over $100 per day in August. You have to do your own work, and not use the same content as everyone else. How can anyone make money if they just blast 20,000 pages of exactly the same content into the search world?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

yes, I recommend everyone stop using the datafeeds. Just make your own.

:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    I spent almost an entire week working on a datafeed for one merchant who didn't offer one. I only checked about 20 of the pages, but at least 10 of those were number 1 on Google.

I have recently changed my ideas of what I should be doing. I see no value in using the exact same datafeed as hundreds of other people. I would much rather create unique content. It makes sense.

I am now averaging over $100 per day in August. You have to do your own work, and not use the same content as everyone else. How can anyone make money if they just blast 20,000 pages of exactly the same content into the search world?

http://www.cjshoppingnetwork.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bump! BRING UP THE POST!

Quote Originally Posted by zx88
    bump! BRING UP THE POST!
    Why bump a thread that's 3+ years old?!?!

Geno

bump! BRING UP THE POST!
    This thread is from 2003. Time for it to R.I.P. The poll numbers are almost surely obsolete.

Start a new thread if you want to revisit this. This old thread is now locked.

Edit: Although I do have to laugh that there was still a "unique content" comment in it even though it's from 3 years ago!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread