• BeFree

4 11.76%
    Which program is best?

[This message was edited by audiohub on September 09, 2003 at 01:22 PM.]

What about BeFree?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

What are the advantages of BeFree? I am just trying to learn as much as I can. Any help you can provide would be terrific!

Which program is the best based on what and for whom?

I didn't vote because I don't know which is the best. I like things about each of them. I don't think it really matters what third part you choose as long as you run a good solid honest program the affiliates will follow you.

audiohub,

You might also want to look/ask in www.affiliate-manager.com

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you can't convert referral traffic with enticing product offerings none will be able to help you. All three choices are helpless if you don't send in prompt commission payments and don't provide them with honest affiliate sales data. Please verify you convert 1 sale per 100 clicks, without an affiliate program, or your not ready for primetime.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    There are + and - with each network, but i have also thought the merchant is a more important thing to look at. As long as they convert and pay, i'm happy no matter what network they're with. But thats coming from an affiliate perspective, if you're a merchant there are other things to look at.

I think it's important to keep on top of it because it's always changing.

When this forum first started I was cheering for CJ and annoyed as heck at LS.

Now, two years later, it's reversed. LS has gotten their act together and got some quality merchants who not only pay but have reasonable terms. Sure, there are idiots there still but I don't keep them long once I figure it out.

CJ with the whole parasite and link blocking problems is now someone I stay away from. A merchant can work their butt of to have a program that converts, but when those two things are working against them it's really pointless.

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    eh, shareasale.com is best, they don't screw around with parasites and their ilk.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Forever CJ!

No ulcers from wondering about whether there'll be a payment.
    Consolidated payments.
    Direct Deposit.

Networks that can't offer the above need not waste my time with their existence.

SaS offers the above, but they still need to "ripen up" a bit, IMO... Definitely an up-and-comer though.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I'll have to agree with Leader on this one, CJ is the best for timely payments and direct deposit which is beneficial to those starting out.
    For me nowadays it is the merchant themselves, how they convert and whether they pay on time , the network they are on will come in second.

1-CJ
    2-BeFree
    3- Linkshare

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

ABW Ambassador
    As at today, CJ is my first choice. I like their user interface, product feeds from so many merchants to choose from and consolidated payments. Can't stand their front page pic of though.

With all the parasites and with the norton issue, not to mention their suspicious spider and lack of communication lately, eventually, another network without all this bad rap may turn out better.

I'm hoping for a miracle where cj will clean up the mess and things will be as good as they once were.. according to what I read from the old posts of cj veterans.

Shareasale looks good in the long run, but for now, most of their merchants do not have product links. Eventually, when they get in more merchants and persuade these merchants to have product links, SAS would give CJ a run for their money.

Linkshare looks good in principal, but without consolidated payments, they would be behind share a sale and cj. Not worth the while promoting a linkshare merchant unless you are sure they can convert. They do have a better anti parasite stand than cj though, so in that sense, they are better than cj.

I'm just starting on befree, so can't comment on them yet.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

shareasale here!

xtremeshopping.org
    Beware parasiteware
    <a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">click here<a>

I vote for linkshare. They have the easiest interface for making individual product links. Search the merchants site and copy the url. CJ is way too slow.

CJ is the best when it comes to consolidated and timely payments to publishers, but there are the very real and serious concerns about their continued support and promotion of parasitic publishers within the network, as well as the fact that CJ's ads are blocked by an alarmingly large number of spyware and security programs.

In spite of being aware that their ads are being blocked, CJ has done nothing to date to ensure that ads served from their servers are seen.

These are very real and serious concerns that need to be addressed by CJ. Yet we wait and wait and wait for answers...

Andy

I had bad experiences with LS then changed all my adds to Cj I have had reasonable results with CJ but lately sales have dropped right off and I am considering going back to LS I think it must be all the cookie blocker programs going around.

One thing I have noticed with CJ whenever you get a big sale over say $50 its nearly always 98% reversed for some obscure reason, that really annoys me. I would have rather not even got the sale at all.

ABW Ambassador
    What Leader Said!

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

Can I wait and vote after the CJ downtime today? I may have a different opinion at that point.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread