View Poll Results: Why don't you post?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feel like I don't know enough/can't contribute.

3 10.71%
  • Embarrassed about lack of success/knowledge.

1 3.57%
  • Don't even know what a data feed is.

1 3.57%
  • Lack of time.

9 32.14%
  • Other.

14 50.00%
    I just read somewhere that about 7% of the 10,000 members post.

I don't post much because I barely have time to read the posts. I don't know much, therefore I don't feel like I can contribute much. I don't make any money or get many hits. I have a lot of little balances that aren't enough to get a check yet. I might see a check by the time I am 90 years old.

While I am embarassed about my lack of success and knowledge I think if I had the time I could correct these problems. My vote is lack of time. Would love to post more, but just too busy. I gotta run again! I will come back in a day or two to check if I have any answers. Regluar posters, feel free to chime in and encourage us lurkers!

Thanks - John

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I';ll be first in line when ABW announces a 12 step withdrawl program.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I'll be right behind you Mike. I kinda go in withdrawls on the weekends when it slows down here.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Whoa, glad to know I'm not alone in my addiction! I took 1 day off about 17 weeks ago and couldn't stand being away from ABW. Although Chris, I do sort of welcome the weekends when the boards are slower because I sure get a lot more work done!

To answer John's question though, I also think some people don't post just because they are shy or maybe are afraid they will say the wrong thing and someone will make fun of them. We all started at some point with 0 knowledge of this business so can relate to those just starting out. So don't let a lack of knowledge hold you back. Post away and get involved - it will accelerate your learning curve!

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    One year ago, I knew nothing about affiliate marketing, I had no idea how to build a site, had no idea how to attract visitors to my site. I had no idea which merchants to use. I knew nothing about Google (never even heard of them)

As a result of participating in the A Best Web forum, I have had 150,000 visitors in August, and made over $6,000 just in the month of August.

For all of those people who feel that they know nothing, and feel that they are out of thier depth, there is no need to shy away from posting on here.

Participating on this forum will increase your income. Being an active member will result in you learning far more than if you just read the posts. You need to interact, rather than just lurk.

Even though I have made over $6,000 this month in commission, I am still a long way off the top affiliates who make over $100,000 a month.

Even if you only made $1 this month, you can still contribute something to this forum. Even if you made nothing, you could still have ideas that may turn out to be amazing.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Do not be scared to interact on this forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Out of the 6 that voted, 4 of them chose 'other'. However, they didn't post a message to explain why they chose 'other'. Why answer a poll with 'other' and not give a reason?
    What other reasons could there be?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    CJ,

I personally think this is a big reason people don't post and it is not listed in the poll.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think some people don't post just because they are shy or maybe are afraid they will say the wrong thing and someone will make fun of them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I don't give a flying monkey if people make fun of what I say in my posts

Please do not be shy on here. Post away. If what you post seems to be stupid or foolish to you, then so what? Everyone has to start somewhere.

Do you think all of the super affiliates on here started knowing exactly what to do?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

You don't think I post enough???

You want me to post more???

Oh, very darned well, I will.

This sure is a tough crowd.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I'm just waiting to post until I think it's the 200,000th post. Is this it?

ABW Ambassador
    I would have to say "other" , I'm definately not shy , but in most cases I don't post in a thread that I browse through because of one of the following reasons apply:

A. What I would say has already been said by someone else (no need to repeat it), and the focus of the conversation continues right where it would be if I were involved without the need for my input or attempts to shift the focus where I want it .

B. What I want to say is so lengthy and complex , that when I start to reply , I think "Ahh.. screw it - this will take me way too long to type out ".

"or"

C. Eithor I don't know the answer , or it's something I don't care to discuss .

If ABestWeb were a telephone line conference - type thing , where members listened to posts and recorded their own replies rather than typing them on a keyboard , I'd probably be somewhere around my 5000th post by now .

I honestly and truly just hate typing , and try to avoid it wherever and whenever possible .
    I'm quite okay with copy and paste or clicking of the mouse actions though

ABW Ambassador
    There are some things that I'd rather keep to myself, and other things that just shouldn't be posted.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, the odd assumption behind this post is that the people not posting are not the type that is inclined to vote in polls.

My reason for not posting is that I am embarassed by my icon. If I had a cool looking purple raisin, duck, or even a stately looking professor, I would say more.

sound thinking

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My reason for not posting is that I am embarassed by my icon. If I had a cool looking purple raisin, duck, or even a stately looking professor, I would say more. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> - yintercept

Now that's funny , and I can definately understand that !
    What are you supposed to be anyway ?
    You look like one of the little aliens from the Disney Toy Story movie. Is that what your icon is supposed to be ?

There is a way for you to be cool though .
    Just make a signature for yourself like
    "The claw chooses who will stay and who will go " and add something about Buzz Lightyear or Mr Potato Head in every post

I'm somewhat shy until I come out of my shell and a lot of the time when I go to answer a post someone has already said it for me.

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

I haven't been able to post as much as usual as I'm flat out trying to squash the contents of a five bedroom house into a 3 bedroom townhouse...painting, paving, planting and trying to update links in between!

I hope order will be restored soon, well at least before Christmas

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mousejockey:
    I hope order will be restored soon, well at least before Christmas<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just in time for my trip MJ

Going to Merimbula just after New Years. (assuming I survive Christmas)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My reason for not posting is that I am embarassed by my icon. If I had a cool looking purple raisin, duck, or even a stately looking professor, I would say more.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    At least you have an icon.. I am invisible

Just in time for my trip MJ ,,,
    cool Pete

Merimbula...that's nowhere near the Gold Coast!You don't mean Mullumbimby do you ...and if so what's a nice boy like you hanging out in Mullum

I'm too busy reading other's posts.......

AM is a spare time sort of thing for me, beside my 50hr / week job. I don't have much free time, so I pick my topics for participation carefully. Unfortunately, I'm also somewhat verbose when I first write - which takes a while to compose, shorten, recompose, shorten, recompose, and finally post. In real life I'm usually the guy who listens a lot and talks infrequently - so when I do talk people listen. I hope my posts here are the same.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

I am so addicted, I selected the send me all posts and replies in email so I do not miss a moment.

abw email almost like taping soaps.

I am trying to post as much as possible so i can get rid of the newbie and become a Member.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

I just don't feel that I have that much to offer that is helpful very often.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am so addicted, I selected the send me all posts and replies in email so I do not miss a moment.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra, You definately need to skip the 12 step program for addiction and go right to the 24 step program

I'm with some of the others. By the time I get here and around to posting something, most of the good advise has been given so no reason to step in. Umm, Hmmm, I do normally find a spot to post a couple of whiney posts though

As for someone being afraid to post because they may think it is a stupid question, Get over it! There is no such thing as a dumb question Ummmmm, where is the bathroom in this joint anyways

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread