View Poll Results: Should merchants include your password in your acceptance email

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not. Don't tell me unless I ask!

9 81.82%
  • No, but it isn't very important

0 0%
  • I don't care

1 9.09%
  • Yes

1 9.09%
    When you have given a merchant your desired password, should it be included in their acceptance letter to you, along with your login name?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    NO!

I don't know what these people are thinking. All kinds of things could lead to the email ending up where it doesn't belong, or to it being seen by people who shouldn't see it. Misconfiguration, snoops, typos, etc. are a few things I can think of right off.

If I lose the PW and ask for a Lost Password reminder, that's one thing (I'd have my eye out for the reminder)--but it shouldn't be included in other types of emails.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Just Lurking
    What leader said.

That password is access to personal information I don't want strangers accessing! My email sits on a shared server till I pick it up! I don't want my password sitting there unknown to me!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    OK HERE IS THE ANSWER THAT WILL WORK FOR ALL!

Almost all Indies I know, do send you your password! This is helpful for most and provides a record if you forgot. But all that I've seen, including DirectTrack allow you to change your password after you join.

Several affiliates in this thread, LIKE getting their password emailed to them.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...3&m=4026055954

So Sign-up with me123 then change it as soon as you are in, to mysecretpassword.
    Best of both worlds! You get the info in your email. Then change it to protect your account info after you join.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans</font>

[This message was edited by Catalyst on October 21, 2003 at 10:44 PM.]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread