Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have it for all companies, works great

11 42.31%
  • I have it for some companies I trust only

6 23.08%
  • Don't trust any one with my account info. Period

4 15.38%
  • Bad experience once with merchant or partner company. Stolen monies.

0 0%
  • I "live" for checks in my mail box!!

5 19.23%
    Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Do you have Direct Deposit from some or any of your merchants or partner companies, or are they deducting too much from your account with chargebacks?

I love it, what I did do to protect myself is place a security feature on my account. They can only deposit and cannot withdrawal in any manner. My bank will not process any request to withdrawal unless it’s utilizing a conventional manner.

Its real simple; call your bank and request added security, explain you’re in an online business. Because the possibility of theft is greater you require added security, unless you utilize normal withdraws no one is authorized even yourself to withdrawal any monies.

Normal;

ATM
    Check
    Credit Card
    Debit Card
    In person
    Wire Transfers

Must still be hungover can’t write worth Sh*t

Thanks SandraR,

Makes sense. Will call bank on Monday.

why in US,
    someone can withdraw money simply have your account number?

may be i misunderstand what you are talking about here.

http://8n.nu

ABW Ambassador
    I hate direct deposit. I especially hate it from merchants who don't give me a heads up when it is happening. At least places like wildwest warn you, but some, i have no idea and at least for my bank, there is next to no information on the transaction. Right now i have everything go into one account, and then move it right out, but with ACH from authorize.net, a bunch of affiliate programs, 2checkout, paypal etc - it is a mess.

I like checks. Things like referbacks' new atm card seem like a royal pain in the ass. I am going to have to go to the bank and get cash out to deposit somewhere else? I guess that could be my bar money card.

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Exact reverse opinion as Chet. I hate NOT having direct deposit. Every &$^ check means I have to drag my butt over to the bank and deposit it. This SUCKS when the weather is no good. It also sucks when I'd rather not go anywhere (which is usually). Also if I do go on vacation, the checks pile up until I get back. It's nice to return to some checks, in a way, but it mostly sucks because I also can't get ahold of that money until I get back!

I love direct deposit--they pay, the money magically appears in my account, and I don't have to do anything to make it spendable. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting at home or on vacation, it's there, accessible, the minute the DD goes through.

And they can't claim it was lost in the mail when it wasn't supposed to hit "the mail" in the first place!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vrindavan:
    why in US,
    someone can withdraw money simply have your account number?

may be i misunderstand what you are talking about here.

http://8n.nu<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm puzzled too. I had no idea anyone but you could withdraw money from your bank accoubt when you use direct deposit!

This has never happened to me, but I better protect myself!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    I love it, what I did do to protect myself is place a security feature on my account. They can only deposit and cannot withdrawal in any manner. My bank will not process any request to withdrawal unless it’s utilizing a conventional manner.

Its real simple; call your bank and request added security, explain you’re in an online business. Because the possibility of theft is greater you require added security, unless you utilize normal withdraws no one is authorized even yourself to withdrawal any monies.

Normal;

ATM
    Check
    Credit Card
    Debit Card
    In person
    Wire Transfers

Must still be hungover can’t write worth Sh*t<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra, those normal ways are the only ways I know to withraw money from a bank account.

What is *not* normal? IOW, what should I tell the bank to disallow whe it comes to taking money from the account so no one deducts chargebacks from it??

Yeah Leader I bet it really sucks having all those darned checks pile up while you sun your buns on the beach.

We've sure gotten spoiled with the good life. Here we are complaining about how we receive our monies. Gotta love this biz!

Make your time

I'd kill for direct deposit but it's only available to American Affiliates or International Affiliates with a US account.

I have a US account but with a Canadian bank so it doesn't count.

Chez Noir :
    You should not blame the merchant.
    You should complain your bank not
    offer online bank statement, not offer detailed description of the transaction (e.g. mention at least the sender name )

You will not like checks if there are hundreds to take care of monthly, postal error, check lost, check error, change your postal address, postal box full, etc.

i like International DD so much.

i like Paypal too if i can withdraw USD
    to my non US bank account directly. [ no currency exchange done by paypal ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by netsu:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SandraR:
    What is *not* normal? IOW, what should I tell the bank to disallow whe it comes to taking money from the account so no one deducts chargebacks from it??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reversals! Some companies offer Direct Deposit and want you to sign a contract. READ it, it will state they can reverse any deposits. You have the power to stop that. I Bank with Chase Manhattan and Bank of America they offer the option to stop those types of transactions.

I have to admit I always get cash from my returns because no one can messes with my account easily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

The reversals! Some companies offer Direct Deposit and want you to sign a contract. READ it, it will state they can reverse any deposits. You have the power to stop that. I Bank with Chase Manhattan and Bank of America they offer the option to stop those types of transactions.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CJ is not one of those companies, right? I signed up with them so long ago that I don't even remember what I agreed to

All merchants pay late one to two months.
    Thus, they in fact can charge back the amount to current month's accrued commission balance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We've sure gotten spoiled with the good life. Here we are complaining about how we receive our monies. Gotta love <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we are complaining about how easily our money will get lost if we have to get it via postal mail.

Besides, think about the trouble on vacation or changing mailing address.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Yeah Leader I bet it really sucks having _all_ those darned checks pile up while you sun your buns on the beach.

We've sure gotten spoiled with the good life. Here we are complaining about how we receive our monies. Gotta love this biz!

_Make your time_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

"I "live" for checks in my mail box!!"

But, as soon as I start getting over $1000.00 a month from CJ. then and only then, I will consider direct deposit, also I want to see what develops from the ValueClick acquisition of Commission Junction before I do any new change to my account there.

I guess so far the majority is - 32% I have it for all companies, works great

Thanks to all who voted and replied, Guess there's no major problems with direct deposit from merchants, etc. Since things at CJ are currently up in the air and like some are merchants are dropping, maybe it's best to wait a litter longer until I start submitting papers to cj then to bank then to cj again. Things might get messy with bank papers going from cj to vc then bank then to vc. You get the picture

Thanks to Jan72,

according to cj "terms" it takes about 2 to 3 months going from paper checks, to direct deposit.

Who knows where things will be January - March 2004.

Jorge

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread