View Poll Results: How many domains do you own?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

20 26.67%
  • 6-10

11 14.67%
  • 11-20

13 17.33%
  • 21-30

8 10.67%
  • Lost count

23 30.67%
    Okay so you may own a lot of domain names. Do you use them all? If you own a lot of names and have content for each, do you host them on one server (dedicated or shared with multi domains)or spread them out with different hosts?

Sorry digging deep.

How many domains do you own?

I certainly haven't lost count but I own many more than 30. I do admit to loosing about 3-5 domains due to registering them somewhere other than my usual hang out and forgetting where I registered them and where they were hosted as well as the domain name itself. No big loss if I can't remember the name, who can?

I am not in the same league as heyder I have just a few over 30,......but I'm still buying them

I got my t-shirt
    Did I win the 200,000 post?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    15 of which 13 currently have content.

...can't say as I've lost one (yet)

I use one host (reseller account) and one domain registrar for everything.

Not sure exactly, more than 30, probably less than 50. I have most of them hosted at the same place, shared server, and a few at a different one.

About 6 I'm not using but I keep them because I can't bear to part with them, a few more I intended to use but I never got around to it and I let them expire as they come due.

Got about 5 new ones in the past month and let only one expire.

We need to increase the voting numbers. I'm at about 130 (don't ask me why I haven't got anything on the vast majority of them, but I can't stop buying them), but have yet to really lose count.

Looking at the poll I feel foolish. I have 22 domains and thought I was bigtime now looking at the responces, I think it should have read 200-300 instead 0f 20-30.

Sorry my goof!

Anyway where are all these domains hosted, dedicated servers, shared hosting ie.. got a host who allows 5 domains on one plan. (thats me)

Just asking cause I think I may be going the wrong route.

I have + when I decided it was cheaper to buy and learn how to work my own server, that was when I did. Went back to school, and obtained the classes needed to run multiples!

I've got about 20 or so developed sites (not all AM). Some sites have more than one domain registered against them (.co.uk, .com, .net, .biz), so probably about half the domains are in use.

I hold pretty much every variation of my name too

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    254 with about 235 developed.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Somewhere just over 2000. Not sure the exact number, some of them are spread around tinpot registrars.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

Drewbert Wins <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Somewhere just over 2000. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How the hell do ypu keep track of that many domains ?

So far only 9 and hands full trying to fill them all up.

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

I used to buy domains because they seemed so wonderful and surely I'd do something with them eventually. Of course I never did anything with those, and I've let most of them go.

My new rule is not to buy a domain until I have something to put on it. While I'm building the content I think about possible names, and when I have it to the point that I'll be ready to go live in a day or two I buy the name.

This past month I've launched 4 (5?) new sites. All of them already have actual content. Just finished the last one. It makes me stay on task until I finish, rather than my usual method of starting new projects every day and never finishing any of them.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glaikit:
    Drewbert Wins <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Somewhere just over 2000. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How the hell do ypu keep track of that many domains ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of small pieces of paper strewn over my desk. Must load them into a DB one day.

Luckily most of them are at openSRS, so renewals are a breeze.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

I have 4 domain names, well 3 working domains and a new one I am working on at the moment.

ABW Ambassador
    I have 26 working websites, plus another 11 undeveloped domains.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    30 or so, 8 of which are truly awful looking. I really need to go back and redo them so they look more professional, but I get a choice of new niche or old niche, and I just push on...

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Gosh, that is a lot. Are they all for affiliate marketing?

I do have numerous websites but only 4 main domain names.

Diane

Once I pick a project and start coding I buy a domain for it. Right now I have 6 - all with content. As I have my own domain registar I won't have problems keeping track.

I have two reseller accounts (so I always have a home for any new projects without any additonal hosting expense) and one shared hosting account. All are with the same hosting company - but spread out over the US. The shared hosting account I got when the hosting company was first starting out, it is dirt cheap and with price protection -- I'll be keeping it!!!

char_paula

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DPG:
    254 with about 235 developed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar number of domains but not so many developed Prob because I get a live dropped name email several times a day and can't resist some things that come up

One of my current tasks is a quick trip round to put at least something potentially productive on each one.

I'm quite happy to admit that several times a good (IMHO) domain name has prompted me to find something to do with it, rather than having the idea first - then I can never find a good name for the project

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

About 35, but I'm letting about 20 .infos drop when they come up for re-registration (has it been 2 years already?)

Of the remaining 15 only about 10 are active - 5 for fun and friends, 5 for AM. 5 more are "really good ideas" that I plan to get to. Someday. Really.

Half are hosted at a big-name hosting company because I started with ASP and can't see moving off that host until I also convert them from ASP to PHP. I have a single IP at the hosting company and point all the domains there - and feed up the correct pages based on the HTTP Header. It's ugly, but it works until I move off this server.

The other half (newer ones) are hosted on Linux boxes in NJ run by some buy in Australia. This works incredibly well. I will eventually get all my sites moved over to PHP, but I think I will spread them out among 2 or more hosting companies for safety's sake.

Check out the thread at:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=7266048114 for more thoughts on multiple hosting companies.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

my fiancee have 11-20, I don't know how many excat domain names he have but I know its over 10 domain names and I'm running 3 active domain name and is going to purchase one more domain name for me. The rest belongs to my fiancee, some are active and some aren't.

ClickCashToday

I currently have around 150 domain names registered. About 90 of those are actively pointing to 40 websites (with the other 50 variations of those names pointing to the 40 websites, e.g., CreativeQuotations.com and Creative-Quotations.

The other 60 domain names are inactive (and a lower $5.99 registration fee per year). These were either registered on a whim for a future project or as a backup for copyright purposes, e.g. I registered creativecomputing.com as a backup to creativecomputering.com.

I used to think that it was important to register the hyphenated versions of my domain names (e.g., be-more-creative.com) as well as the .org, .net, versions. Today I just concentrate on good interesting .com domain names that I find (and hopefully others will find) interesting, e.g., APocketFullofRoses.com.

Regards,

FRANK
    Baertracks
    http://bemorecreative.com

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread