For the past few months I've had great conversions for one particular merchant but, recently, I decided that instead of using banners I would utilize the product linking through the CJ interface. Ever since then I've had hardly any sales and today I saw something rather strange in the HTML code. Instead of getting something like this: http://whatever.com//...... I'm, getting this: http%3A%2F%2Fwhatever.com....... (it's putting rubbish into the HTML). This is not a FrontPage problem incidentally - it's actually happening on CJ. When I use the HTML for banners I don't get this at all.

Although the code does take me to the correct landing page for the product, it seems that something might be wrong here and could explain why sales are not being tracked.

Has anybody else noticed this? I'm sure some of you must be using the product code generator, and I'd really like some feedback on what you think. If something is wrong with the HTML then it could be affecting a lot of us as far as commissions are concerned. . I've sent examples of the codes to the merchant's AM but just thought I would mention it here as well.

If you want to experiment to see if it makes a difference, go here

http://www.dommermuth-1.com/protosit...iments/encode/

Paste your code as supplies from CJ in the left box, click the Decode button, then copy and paste the code from the right box into your page.

This will give the code without the characters as it should be.

Let us know if your sales increase.

[This message was edited by SeventiesMartin on February 09, 2004 at 10:17 PM.]

Animal Lover
    Grumpy,

I think what's happened is that it registers the urlencode for the page - some of the product links with the redirect will only work if coded - especially ones with "?" in them. Tracking shouldn't be affected as long as you've got the qkrsrv link there.

Oscar

quote:
    Let us know if your sales increase.

by all means; I know I'll be interested.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Thanks for your input guys! AND thanks SeventiesMartin for the decoder - it sure works. I should get a reply from the AM tomorrow about this as well so, before changing anything, I guess I'd best wait to hear what she has to say about it. Don't want to screw things up more by doing something I shouldn't be doing. It all does seem a bit weird though as I generated well over $30,000 in sales for this merchant over a 4-month period prior to making my changes. And now ZILCH in February!!

I've used this decoder and the links certainly track, I don't know if they wouldn't have tracked correctly in any case though.

But I did feel happier having correctly formatted links. My concern wasn't so much CJ being able to track, but more a niggle that not all browser, especially old version, could cope with it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread