View Poll Results: Have you entered...

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but I haven't won anything (which contests did you enter?)

4 16.67%
  • Yes, and I have won something (please share)

6 25.00%
  • No, (why not?)

10 41.67%
  • I didn't know about the contests

4 16.67%
  • Other

0 0%
    .... any of the affiliate contests this year?

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Well, I am a "no" vote, although I am wishing that I had.

Diane

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Interested in Philosophy come to my forum: ><A href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/kabbalists"<FONT color=purple>Philosophy, Spirituality & Kabbalah

ABW Ambassador
    For the most part, I was not a current member in the program and couldn't just rush out and build a site that's going to bring in a stack of sales within a few weeks.

I never got my T-Shirt

However fair the A.M s try to make them, these things are always stacked in favour of people who have suitable high-traffic sites they can drop links into.

Realistically you are looking at months, if not the best part of a year, to build up traffic for a new site.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't work for a chance to win a contest.

I won a beautiful sword and some cash bonuses.

I liked it because I didn't have a ritual sword and I am too cheap to buy the things I need and want for myself. If it weren't for the contest, I still wouldn't have one. I will love to show it off.

I also loved the acknowledgement.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Congrats Ssanf!

(I've always wondered what kind of packaging a sword comes in...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    I won a beautiful sword and some cash bonuses.

I liked it because I didn't have a ritual sword and I am too cheap to buy the things I need and want for myself. If it weren't for the contest, I still wouldn't have one. I will love to show it off.

I also loved the acknowledgement.

_Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!_

__Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way.__ Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Congratulations! I too appreciate recognition for a job well done.

Diane

Interested in Philosophy come to my forum: ><A href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/kabbalists"<FONT color=purple>Philosophy, Spirituality & Kabbalah

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I entered with a merchant here and even though sales have been very limited with them I ended up with a very sweet little bonus coming here because of it.
    I am far from a super affiliate and go after the ones that are more suited to everyone, not just the ones with huge numbers of sales being a requirement

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I like this statement:
    "However fair the A.M s try to make them, these things are always stacked in favour of people who have suitable high-traffic sites they can drop links into."
    I would add that, it usually also takes targeted traffic for that type of product also. If I have that, I'll participate, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

AM's need to understand who will respond to their contests and why - Some do not. Then when all of their high traffic sites win, they say "Our contest was a huge success!"

Ssanf - WTG ! Please don't cut yourself

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AM's need to understand who will respond to their contests and why - Some do not. Then when all of their high traffic sites win, they say "Our contest was a huge success!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly why I avoid those types

Almost the same as my site trying to earn more in Q4 that someone is running. Not gonna happen

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread