View Poll Results: Time Frame from beginning to when you started to actually make money?

28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 months

9 32.14%
  • 6-12 months

11 39.29%
  • 1+ year

6 21.43%
  • what money?

2 7.14%
    I'm curious what the average time frame is from start to when your site(s) began to make money.

Just starting out(sometime in Sept.) myself, the most discouraging thing is probably the time it takes to get indexed and a decent serp position for the topic of the site... traffic in other words. (shoe-thread budget).

I think I just lucked out with my first content site, although with the google changes it may not last. I submitted to a directory which had me on I think every single page(newly added sites list box) at the time google was spidering it.. something like 280 backlinks for my first permanent rank from 0 to 4.

I sold a product for a page I put up last weekend. Then again I have built some pages that never made a dime.
    So if I average my good pages in with the bad I come up with some unrealistic number that means nothing.

Mansfield, TX
    I guess this really depends on what you mean by "make money". Do you mean that first check, or some significant amount, or enough to take it full time?

For me, I got my first check after 2 months, significant money after 4 months, and I went full time after 10 months. I could have gone full time sooner, but it was a scary step to take.

In many way, things were much simpler back when I started. There was far less competition. Commissions and conversions were much higher. Even banner advertising paid about 10x what they do now.

In other ways, things are better now. Payments come considerably faster. Reporting is better. There are TONS of resources (like here) where you can learn. PPC Search Engines open the door to quick, massive amounts of traffic.

Michael Coley

ABW Ambassador
    A good question would be a cash or acrual?

I guess enough to live on :P Which for me would be around $500-1000 a month to start(then convert to CDN funds and it's decent.. I'm the cheapest bastard in the world hehe)

I would love to get the ball rolling on this, I was considering drop shipping/ebay, yahoo stores etc, before I ran across affiliate marketing and instantly loved the idea. I figure with all the time I spend online I might as well make some money with it.

My ultimate goal would be to make a nice living with this and invest in some things I have in mind then retire before 40 (with help of said investments) (god where does the time go..25 now *sigh*)

I created ten new websites (using WebMerge) between mid-Oct and mid-Nov.

All but one of those sites showed sales in December, and Five of them have produced what I consider good income, i.e. more than $250 during the month of December.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread