View Poll Results: How often do you check your reports?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • A few times a day

68 68.69%
  • Daily

19 19.19%
  • Every couple days

9 9.09%
  • Weekly

3 3.03%
  • Monthly

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm slowing down on checking reports, but I still check 'em every couple days. My site is new so I get really excited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] when I see sales, a little down when I don't. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I was wondering how is it with you.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now and I still get excited when I see a sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    and disheatened when I see a reversal, fortunately I don't get many reversals.

I think when the time comes you stop to get excited it is time to call it a day.

How do you other guys feel about your sales?

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

How do you other guys feel about your sales?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same as you Gordon

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Probably 5 - 10 times a day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So far all of my non-Amazon stuff is on CJ, so it's easy to just leave their reports window open and refresh it now and then.

I know it won't change what I do -- so it's a waste of time -- but it is good motivation.

-- Mike

I bet you when I'm making 10K a month I will still look several times a day. One, I'll be worried the sales might just stop. Two, I'm always looking to see it "Jump" to some greater number than I expected. What a thrill that always is. Makes you want to go create 10 more pages!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

I haven't counted, but probably at least 30 times in the average day.

First thing in the morning, after checking mail, after looking at the news, after visiting abstweb,

Just before leaving for wherever I go, as soon as I get home, Every 15 to 30 minutes when I'm online,

Last thing before turning off the computer for the night,

And sometimes in the middle of the night if I can't sleep.

Hmmm, everyone seems pretty compulsive report checker, like myself. I really don't feel good about it, but I can't help it either.

I wish of the days that I make 10k a month and forget my CJ password [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm with missdonna.. I check my reports and insane traffic stats about 5-10 times when I'm off the work shift lets double those figures.. LOL.

jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I check the reports a whole lot more often than the reports actually change, unfortunately,.lol.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Ah yes, but the reports only change when you're not looking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think I'm partnered with about 10 or 11 programs at the moment, so there's a lot of reports to check. I believe I've even partnered with Amazon.co.jp which is kind of challenging since I can't read any of the site [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

I check all my programs like Amazon, Art.com, CJ, e-scripts, etc.... about twice a day.

However, my best merchant sends an e-mail every time I make a sale. I check that e-mail address probably 50-100 times a day! lol

I check it every 15-30 minutes while I'm on the computer... when I wake up... before I go to bed... during TV commercials when I say I'm going to the bathroom....

I'm addicted! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Paula S. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That which is essential is invisible to the eye. - St. Exupery

Obviously there's a market niche for some sort of reverse-debt-clock device that interfaces with all your affiliate accounts and keeps you up-to-date. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

Actually, if they had some kinda brain implant that gave me instant updates, I'd probably give it a once-over, lol.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Like MissDonna said. Only I think "30 times/day" would be a vast understatement for me! Maybe if I add a zero to the end.

Which place's stats get checked varies. The amount of checking is directly proportional to the chance of seeing a rise in the revenue! CJ gets TONS of checking...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    You mean the window that is always open and minimized and refreshed very frequently? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

Come on water!

Boil!

Darn, all I want is a cup of tea!

I guess I should go back to the office and wait...

Check CJ sales window...

(20 seconds later back in the kitchen)
    Come on water!
    Boil!
    Back to the office...
    Check CJ sales window...

Repeat 5 times

When water finally boils, pour cup of tea, return to the office and check the CJ sales page.

I used to only check CJ once a days, since I only like get 1 sales in about 1 mth. Recently my site got spidered by google , I was surprise to see that I earn $74 on a single Sunday. I have been checking more since then, but it seem like the the more I check the less commission I got. Or is it because on Sunday people are in a more buying mood?

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

ABW Ambassador
    I've been checking once a day, but I have so many stats stuffed in so many nooks and crannies that I can spend a whole day on a stats blitz. Of, I also run off and check stocks, the national debt, employment statistics at http://stats.bls.gov and have tons of more estoteric things.

I had been spending about 28.7% of my day checking stats, my goal though is the limit stat checking to under 10% of the day.

I am making a cool stats checking package that records how often I check stats. I check that a couple times a day to see if I've overdone the daily stat checking. Okay, I spent a third the day checking stats...but it's now on my mind...so I better run off and make sure I am still zero for the day at CJ...where's that cup of coffee...

Protophoto - Short Stories

I check my organiation's affiliate partner sites once a day. Of course, my advantage is that I had one of the programmers automate retrieval of the stats for many of the programs.

I also have a web page with links to each stats page of the programs my company works with. This way I can get an instant update any time I'm at a computer with Net access.

President, ClicksLink.com Affilite Program Directory

Just a quick bump cause of Haiko's inquiry a coupla dyas ago.......

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

A few times a day depending on how far I am from the pc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    I bet you when I'm making 10K a month I will still look several times a day. One, I'll be worried the sales might just stop. Two, I'm always looking to see it "Jump" to some greater number than I expected. What a thrill that always is. Makes you want to go create 10 more pages!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Almost there 7 and if anything I check more often than I did when I made less. Check CJ all the time and love those independents that send email when you make a sale, hehe, that way you don't even have to check.

How come there's no "Too many times to count" option?

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first."

check few times everyday but I don't earn that much right now. I'm sure I would check even more if I start earning more! lol

ClickCashToday

I guess I missed this one last week which is pretty unusal since I check ABW quite a lot each day. But...not nearly as many times as I check all my program stats. It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one that seems to be compulsive about checking. I am always on the look out for "trends".

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast