View Poll Results: What day do you get the most emal spam?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

11 64.71%
  • Tuesday or Wednesday

2 11.76%
  • Thursday or Friday

1 5.88%
  • Week end

1 5.88%
  • Don't get any spam emails

2 11.76%
    I just went thru the email system again. Seems like you can't stay on top of it.

Monday is my worst day for getting a full inbox of junk. Wednesday is next and only about half of what Monday is.

What is your worst day for email spam?

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

ABW Ambassador
    Not content with getting tons of it every day, you want me to count it as well !?! . I guess Monday is probably worst, too, though.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I seem to get the most on days that end in "Y"

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Hey Bro... sorry it took me this long to get your joke but it definately WAS funny!!! It will be interesting to see how the whole email thing works out after the first of the year. I for one am very glad that I don't depend on email marketing at all...

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

OK I added it.. Everyday is the most day for me!

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    The flood of spam for this month is incredible. It must be the record since I've been online (6 years now).

ABW Ambassador
    ABW --

I'm hoping that with the ease it is to get an SMTP server running (especially through trojans that spammers are sending through email viruses) on an unsuspecting PC (my mom's computer was a spam relay until recently), that SMTP servers will have to be registered through a central "trusted" agency for valid non-UCE use.

I know Yahoo is working on something like this where each SMTP server gets a digital certificate, which is signed by their central authority (boo to Yahoo! for not making this an open standard and patenting it).

If your SMTP server has not applied to abide by certain rules and restrictions, mainly not controlling UCE SPAM, then it's certificate would be revoked.

This would stop spam in it's tracks.

However, it would have to be a regulated bureau so that no central company could change the rules without public due process, kind of like an electric utility. Or run by the open source community by grants, with very loose rules for exclusion (mainly just spam issues).

Granted, this has drawbacks even if it's regulated - ease of taxation on the email system, enforced email monitoring under a PATRIOT act style bill, and a lot worse. But at least it would be a public venue for the lawyers (EFF, ACLU) to fight for consumer and free speech rights, so that atrocities could not happen with it.

Anything has to be better than the amount of spam I'm getting (several hundred per day).

PS: Check out CandlePeople Full Page Ads now available: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&m=4356047725

Andrew Edmond
    CandlePeople Affiliate Manager
    http://www.candlepeople.com

Just Lurking
    None. Nada. Zilch.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frank3iii:
    I just went thru the email system again. Seems like you can't stay on top of it.

Monday is my worst day for getting a full inbox of junk. Wednesday is next and only about half of what Monday is.

What is your worst day for email spam?

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monday, definitely Monday. Grrrr...

Diane

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Interested in Philosophy come to my forum: ><A href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/kabbalists"<FONT color=purple>Philosophy, Spirituality & Kabbalah

This month has been the worst ever for me, bar none! Guess all the spammers want to get as many sent out as they can before the end of the year.

I hate and the people who send it out. I hope they all go broke in 2004!

Andy

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread