View Poll Results: If I were to...

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm willing to pay.

14 35.00%
  • No, I won't pay.

26 65.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Create a private access site that would feature hundreds of Product Showcase Creator applications for hundreds of quality merchants, would you be willing to pay for membership? (I am asking this since many merchants don't understand what it is or are too cheap to pay for it. By affiliates footing the costs via membership, I'll be able to offer a PSC for every merchant that has a datafeed.)

At first I was going to vote NO now that I create sites from datafeeds, but having seen what your showcase creators can do, I would think they would be an asset to datafeed sites too.

Of course, it really would depend on the price. I do tend to vote with my wallet most of the time.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    Of course, it really would depend on the price. I do tend to vote with my wallet most of the time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Understood. But before I can come up with pricing, I need to see if there is enough demand. IOW I won't create a product if there is not enough demand.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    If a merchant is so cheap they wont foot the cost for the promotion via psc, they're likely to cheap to be paying affiliates fairly. I have no interest in footing the biil for any merchant that doesn't understand the benefit of or wants to shun the cost of psc. Surely these are not the merchants I want to partner with in the first place.

** Have you asked for change? **

Just Lurking
    What Poon said.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hey Akiva, I have a brilliant solution for you.
    Start an affiliate program. No one could sell your awesome tool to merchants for you better than affiliates themselves. Let them spread the word and pressure merchants into offering this marketing tool to their partners and get some commish for their efforts.

As a happy Product Showcase Creator customer for Irvs/EE I may even promote it.
    I'd even publish an article about it. I've promoted it for free, I'd promote it more for some cash!

I'd recommend using a tracking program that offers affiliate links that don't look like an affiliate link such as http://www.fusionquest.biz/?fusion so affiliates could email a link to their merchants and suggest your solution.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Double ditto on what Poony said!

Someone send these boof merchants to merchants-get-a-clue.com to let them contemplate their navel while affiliates crank out serious sales with real merchants! Geez Louise!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Create a private access site that would feature hundreds of Product Showcase Creator applications for hundreds of quality merchants, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    like the idea since i will never use a datafeed, but the thought of having hundreds of sites that will look like mine scares me. and that i can see as happening.

parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!
    aim nycfalcon1

@Poon: I'm with ya. But once you get out there and start talking to some of these folks with programs that are doing well, but they are plain stupid or can't convince management to pay, you would understand. Ultimately, affiliates are not able to earn as much as they can. I am trying to help everyone here.

@Linda: That is my other option. But critical mass will still be missing as the problem of dumb AM's and cheap companies still exists.

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Hey Akiva, I have a brilliant solution for you.
    Start an affiliate program. No one could sell your awesome tool to merchants for you better than affiliates themselves. Let them spread the word and pressure merchants into offering this marketing tool to their partners and get some commish for their efforts.

As a happy Product Showcase Creator customer for Irvs/EE I may even promote it. I'd even write an article about it. I've promoted it for free, I'd promote it more for some cash!

I'd recommend using a tracking program that offers affiliate links that don't look like an affiliate link such as http://www.fusionquest.biz/?fusion so affiliates could email a link to their merchants and suggest your solution.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: http://www.catalystemarketing.com Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This would be a good time to do it I bet. Just checked my mail and had two of those Personal Offers from merchants. They require personal responses. Of course if I were an affiliate of Product Showcase Creator I might like to know if those merchants are using it?

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

I Love it. I want it. And, I will pay for it. (If it isn't too much.) You don't ever have to worry about my pages looking like anyone elses. Why should I be held back that way??

The showcase creator is only what I use to get the pages started. I use search and replace to add my own special tweaks and voila! Optimized! I have made a set of pages from what you have and I am lifting products off them right now to make my Valentines day offerings. Also, made a whole site devoted to a specialty category of products in just one day! Way easy!!

Gimme More!! FEED ME!!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 30, 2003 at 10:48 PM.]

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 30, 2003 at 10:50 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Yes. Charge, and charge heaps!

Pete

PS. I'd never pay for it.

Hey ... I've got an affiliate program for you all ... it's free to join but you have to pay for real linking options?!?!?!?!

WTF ... HELL freaking LO!

Wake up! It's 2004 tomorrow, not in 5 years!

</font></p>

LOL Haiko. I totally agree with you. I've got three companies that I've set up with fully functional demos but are hemming and hawing. And I'm not even asking that much. Go figure.

My recommendation ... kill the pennywise merchants, let the affiliates rule the serps and let the merchant see how foolish they are/were.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't pay. Merchants should spend the money and view it as an investment, a tool affiliates could and will use to help generate sales for the merchant. Whatever they pay for the tool, the return would be much greater.

I work in lounge pants

Look, I agree with you in theory. But in practical terms, I just want the danged tool.

While we wait and hope merchants will do right, I can make a hundred new sites and be getting checks.

With what I have already, I have been able to make a site in one day that is in every way the way I want my sites to be. I don't want to fool around hoping that the merchants pick up the ball. If a small amount of cold cash cuts to the chase, what are we waiting around here debating for?

Cripes! She is talking about a PSC for every merchant that has a data feed, already!!!

Do you have any idea how much money you could make from a thing like that? Just think of the hours you will save not having to deal with correct and sort cr*ppy data feeds yourself. If you want to justify the money, just figure that you are paying someone else to get the stupid feeds in good shape instead of doing it yourself.

Gees! Let me at it. I'll pay.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 31, 2003 at 02:38 AM.]

Where is a list of all the merchants who offer the PSC now?

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    I'd pay if it was a reasonable amount of money, absolutely.

I never got my T-Shirt

Excellent but why so many CJ merchants?

Get some others, PLEASE! Heck tons of people cant even SEE products with CJ links or use the links either for that matter.

Please try to expand the options.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, CDitty charges for his datafeed creator things, so I don't see why this shouldn't work as a business model. If you add a bunch of two tier programs, you should also be able to get some sign ups under you and some additional income that way. Your problem is - you've already charged some companies for this service. You're going to create problems for yourself if it suddenly becomes free to merchants.

If merchants don't see the value in what you are offering, then more fool them, frankly. Maybe, though, you could pitch it at the networks as a value add service for their merchants. Let the networks offer it as an option to their merchants and give ShareaSale, LinkShare or whoever a cut of the fees.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Yes, get SAS to push it! This should really give Brian a leg up on the other networks if he does and he will also make more from affiliate sales!

Fantastic tool and I'd pay for it.

ABW Ambassador
    No way I'd pay for it. I don't even intend to pay for feeds. If a merchant charges for their feed, I'll go to a competitor who is more than willing to give me their feed for free.

I can get the PSC effect with a datafeed. It may be convenient but if the merchant is too cheap to pay.. what happypoon said.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast