View Poll Results: How well did you do this December?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Commission Junction

22 40.74%
  • Google Adsense

5 9.26%
  • Linkshare

8 14.81%
  • Befree

2 3.70%
  • Other

17 31.48%
    ABW Ambassador
    December is almost over, how well did everyone do this time around?

Which networks or indy merchants did you do the best with?

I wish I could use more than 5 choices

Julian

[This message was edited by Julian on December 30, 2003 at 11:45 AM.]

15 years and counting
    CJ, same as last year in Dec, exceptional, considering I switched alot of links to indies and other networks. 3X a normal month.
    LS, twice as last year in Dec, impressive figures. Never thought I could reach this level (for the merchants I'm working with). 6X a normal month.
    Performics, 4X my monthly average, 2X last year figure.
    BeFree, still can't trust their merchants, TG, Ashford, Global Sports... same as usual or lower.
    Amazon, amazing, still doing pretty good after 3 years of NO promotion. 10% more than last year.
    Indies, mixed feeling. My oldest ones are my best performers, new ones, could do better.
    AdSense: NEVER. The negation for an affiliate. If you know what to sell and how, why do you need to send your traffic to your competitors.

Overall, I did better than last year and I can't believe it. Don't know if I'll be able to do better next year. It's getting harder and harder.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

You should have listed Performics.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    I wasn't sure about Google Adsense, but I gave it a try back in August.
    I don't know how I would have done this month if I had not used Google Adsense, if I would have earned more overall.

However, I earned a lot of money with Google Adsense, and not too bad with other affiliate channels.

I know that there are some affiliates who refuse to promote Adsense, and there are some who have it on every page, and some who have it on some of their pages.

I am one who uses it on some pages.

I might hit $12,000 in commission this month, I am a few hundred short with today and tomorrow still left. Google Adsense accounted for over 30% of that figure

Should I have not promoted Adsense? I don't know. I am just glad that I will have a nice check for December from Adsense.

Maybe I would have earned a lot more than $12,000 if I had not used Adsense. However, maybe I would have earned less.

Julian

This is my first year, and I did quite well considering I have only been up a month or so. I voted for Commission Junction BTW.

Diane

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Interested in Philosophy come to my forum:<A href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/kabbalists"<FONT color=purple>Philosophy, Spirituality & Kabbalah

ABW Ambassador
    Last December, I earned $587. What a difference a year makes

Julian

Congratulations Julian, I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Diane

<LEFT class=sig><FONT size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman,Times,Serif">Interested in Philosophy? Come and visit my forum:</FONT>
    <FONT face=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif color=blue>Philosophy, Spirituality &amp; Kabbalah</FONT>[/b]</FONT></CENTER>
    <CENTER class=sig><FONT color=blue></FONT></CENTER>
    <DIV class=sig align=left><FONT class=TimesRoman12 face="Times New Roman" color=#d6b643>[B]<FONT color=blue>"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Julian,

I hope you don't mind if an AM shares their December results. I am so excited by the growth in the Irvs program since I took over and EXTREMELY proud of all of our affiliates. Look at how HUGE our December was!

I of course blocked out the numbers as it's confidential, but the more commission we pay out the more sales Irvs made so this equates to a HUGE growth in sales and revenue for the company.

Thanks to all of our valued Irvs/EE partners.

CJ graph below.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

ABW Ambassador
    Nice growth. Is that combined Irvs/EE sales compared to combined Irvs/EE from the past? I know there were run seperately in the past and now are run together. If so great improvement.

I work in lounge pants

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Pretty well, actually. I do wish that December was 60 days long, though. Maybe we could write to someone about that???

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Trust, yes it's combined in the graph. But up until Sept EE's sales were miniscule. So even last December adding EE in when it was seperate would barely have made a dent in the graph. Even though we combined both programs in July I think it was, EE's sales did not add more than a couple thousand a month until I really got ABW affiliates promoting it after I opened my 5 Star Forum here. In December EE was only 15% of total sales, so the majority of the growth is still Irvs sales.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

A solid December helped us hit my revenue projections for 4Q (the first quarter of our fiscal year). Some subtle signs have me cautiously optimistic that we'll be able to exceed the annual projection.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Mine was as close as a presidential election...

44.1% Linkshare
    43.9% BeFree
    4.7% CJ

And the other 7.3% from everywhere else.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

My sales were less in volume but higher in total sales for my own product line.

SandraR

http and a telephoto
    Biggest performer for me was GoCollect, followed by Allposters, and Candle People. All independant programs. I am setting up new datafeed driven sites as I type this and plan to stick with indies. I like the flexibility and the dedication of some of the indie affiliate managers!

Deborah Carney
    Cool ~~ Networks

I've pretty much given up on the networks - the independents are where it is at for me. They are more niche-ish, so the market is smaller, but the merchants also have fewer affiliates for me to compete with.

My specialty is electronically delivered services, most of which are purchased for use by the buyer themselves. Hence I did not see much Christmas bounce - in fact I saw a bit of a drop-off as people started spending more on gifts for others than on themselves. So while the rest of you were seeing sales for a given vendor double or triple, I was seeing a 10 - 15% drop per vendor.

The one exception was a niche site with reviews of different linens, which saw a 500% increase in sales during December.

The net-net is that total income remained consistent (not quite that $10K a month needed to be a "super affiliate", but getting close). I expect that in January the linen site will fall again, the other sites will rise again, and the total income will remain constant. IT certainly pays to diversify!

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

http and a telephoto
    I do have to amend this, since I sent the last message Scott at beFree has renewed my faith in their programs, so since some of them target my audience, I will be working with them to see if they can reach the same levels I am getting with the indies.

I am seeing the value of Affiliate Managers, dealing with a real person makes me feel better about any program

Deborah Carney
    I don't need your traffic, I have my own!
    Cool ~~ Networks
    http://cool-networks.net

ABW Ambassador
    If it wasn't for the Independents, I'd be working a day job~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread