Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HI I have just started out in the big world of affiliate marketing.

So far every thing is going great and i can really see the potential

Quick question really on average how much do you all earn after overheads??

I am just curious

Is there people here thats really do makes thousands every week or is that all a load of cobblers!!!

There are people here who make thousands every day.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Not very many, though. A lot make thousands a month, I think.

your question is like

what can first the chicken or the egg?

there are too many variables to answer that question... with any certainty..

some webmasters never make a penny... some make 1000's per month... it all depends on what you market, how you market it and most importantly how much effort you put into it...

Just understand 2 people people marketing the exact same product, the exact same way...can have very different results!

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    your question is like

there are too many variables to answer that question... with any certainty..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you've ever spent any time on a farm, that one's actually pretty easy to answer.

If you take a fertilized egg and keep it at the exact right temperature 24 hours a day, guess what happens to it? It doesn't hatch. Eggs have to be moved around regularly, or the yolk separates from the white causing the egg to die. That's why a mother chicken is regularly moving the egg around in the nest. If the chicken wasn't there, the egg would never hatch.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I'm not in the thousands a day crowd yet
    but I do manage hundreds a day and for what I put into it right now, it suits me fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>_Originally posted by my2cents:_
    your question is like

there are too many variables to answer that question... with any certainty..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you've ever spent any time on a farm, that one's actually pretty easy to answer.

If you take a fertilized egg and keep it at the exact right temperature 24 hours a day, guess what happens to it? It doesn't hatch. Eggs have to be moved around regularly, or the yolk separates from the white causing the egg to die. That's why a mother chicken is regularly moving the egg around in the nest. If the chicken wasn't there, the egg would never hatch.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss Mr. Green Jeans

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Nice One!!!
    Finally someone has answered the chicken and the egg theory!

Tristan..

you wont get rich overnight

but if you stick at it,,,,, you could do it by thursday JOKE,,

its the same as any business you only get out,
    what you put in,,

good luck,, stay with it.. AND WELCOME
    =================================================
    P.S
    no one will tell you what they earn,,, they are all dodging the taxman
    Last edited by Neil; May 15th, 2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added p.s
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

It took me two years before I could quit my day job and only just survive. If you have the nerve and the smarts to do it, and are willing to keep at it, there is good money to be made.

It took me 7 months working on 1 site which only made $1 per day.
    After doing that I learn't a lot.
    I spent the next 7 months making 4 other sites, which are now doing very well (in my view), with one hitting ~XX/day and the other 3 are just under half of that.
    Soon i'll release the new, overhauled version of my first affiliate site and hopefully it will be better than my current top earning site.

One thing I can say though.... it REALLY helps when you sit down and plan things. I wasted 7-9 months learning that.

[edited: Stupid. It's 2am and I didn't realise I actually put my real figures in there. Edited to XX]

Earning is not a problem; with hardwork and good affiliate relations, you'll surely earn the figure that you desire!

The best part is that once you get it going, you can kick back for a few months and the money keeps coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    The best part is that once you get it going, you can kick back for a few months and the money keeps coming in.
    Yep. You can quit altogether and the checks will still arrive for a month or two. Or, if you are lucky and your site/ads can run on auto-pilot, you can do anything else you want and the checks still arrive, although they will slowly get smaller if you don't maintain them....

When I started it took me a very long time to start earning decent money. Search engines took months to include new content so you had to wait it out and wait and wait. Today you can build an optimized page and within a month earn money from it. The better job you do the more money you'll earn right away.

Not only that but you can invest a few dollars in advertising and control your earnings. Don't forget traditional advertising as well. AN ad in the newspaper could bring you a lot more visitors than online ads and cost much less.

First came the egg. It was laid by a bird that was very nearly a chicken.

When your site gets traffic and starts to work, you need to learn from what's important and what isn't and chage it no matter how dearly you cling to the stuff that's useless. That way you have many chicken/egg cycles, each one getting closer to the invaluble domesticated jungle fowl that we have today.

ABW Ambassador
    Unhappy
    I canned my chicken. Now it won't lay eggs.

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Palser
    Quick question really on average how much do you all earn after overheads??
    Hello!
    I am a newbie too, so the question is the same for me...

After all egg-related arguments i think this thread could be discussed in another way: what could be a good way to start planning to make xxx a day ??

I think people like me (i mean newbies) really would love to ask "how to start putting effort in a website", there a are a lot of variables, like web designing, marketing, SE positioning, etc... so for me could be worth to get some advice on how to start first.

Hope to read you later... thanks.

Nic

It's not just hard work that = $xxx/day, but persistance plays a big role, especially if you're only a part timer like me. The first year I made beer money, the second year my website income bought the groceries. The third year it paid all the bills and last year it made me wonder this: "Do I really owe the IRS that much?"
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    It's not just hard work that = $xxx/day, but persistance plays a big role, especially if you're only a part timer like me. The first year I made beer money, the second year my website income bought the groceries. The third year it paid all the bills and last year it made me wonder this: "Do I really owe the IRS that much?"
    OK great

But, please, be more precise if you can: what are steps you followed to get that income growth?? what about marketing, SEO, page-tuning, etc...

Thanks, Nic

If you're new to the whole thing, sometimes ya just gotta play for a while. Find something of interest or something you think you might be able to sell online and can tolerate developing a site about. Do some keyword research in the market you want to target, create a wireframe (site outline) for your site, build some content around your site structure, read up on SEO. Focus on navigation, page titles, headers. Once you have some traffic, study your logs & see where it's coming from, kick the tires of Yahoo! & G paid search.

If you've got good content, submit the site to some of the major directories to start getting the word out.

Are there any tools or anything really unique you can write about or provide that will encourage people to link to your site?

Look carefully at the merchants you choose to promote. For consumer goods, consider brand strength (Amazon will probably convert better than some-new-merchant.com), payout percentage, number of return days (if the visitor returns 30 days after they first click on your ad, will you still get paid for the sale?), find out if the merchant gives credit for phone sales. There's a start.
    Last edited by Superstar; June 28th, 2005 at 11:53 PM.

I think you have to realize that some people spend hundreds of dollars a day to make thousands of dollars a day. Not sure what their net income is.

Hard work and patience is the real key to this business. Hard work means not just building sites, but research and experimentation as well.

Welcome and good luck. It is a fun business. Lots of headaches, but fun.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It took me 5 years to start earning anything,for awhile, the costs of webhosting,google, etc. were more than I earned.When you get to be 72, with disabilies, from the Korean war, you try anything,if the merchants and programs are honest, then it will improve.With the time of year, slow shopping, and energy,job loss, etc. We are performing a service to our shoppers, or browsers, we just have to educate them, as we did when scanning in stores first started, many didn't trust that then also.
    JJ

When you consider how many big companies are out of business,Jamesway,SGC,McCrories,Sears merging with Kenmart,(Both doing poorly)then add the Auto companies getting stuck with a record number of gas guzzlers,(They keep pushing them on TV) you are in a better position than they are.Agreat friend of mine in the forum sent me a "how to" message,it was a step by step way to earn, content,content,content,how fast do your sites open, for surfers,and wait about a year, but keep improving your sites,I listened, obeyed, and am seeing, finally a large increase in traffic, click throughs, and sales with checks, not enough to brag about, but it is a step in the amount I need to keep going.
    Like the others wrote, it takes time, but read the forum, think about what people would shop online for, learn your maket,use demographics,what's hot, when and where.It works.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by rod_freelanceworkexchange
    Earning is not a problem; with hardwork and good affiliate relations, you'll surely earn the figure that you desire!
    Experience that is gained with time (and the "hardwork" of course) is essential...

Geno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast