View Poll Results: How profitable are your sites?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't earn enough to really calculate this.

9 11.54%
  • I make about a 10% net profit

3 3.85%
  • I make about a 30% net profit

8 10.26%
  • I make about a 70% net profit

19 24.36%
  • I make about a 90% net profit

39 50.00%
    Online affiliate marketing is pretty unique, in that you can generate commissions with virtually no expense. On the other hand, many affiliates are successful by using PPC and earning a smaller percent of profit.

What is your net profit, taking into consideration all your hosting, advertising, and other expenses?

Definitely confirming what I expected (and what I see with my own sites). Have any of you ever owned an OFFLINE business? If so, you'll really appreciate how great we have it as affiliate marketers. It's pretty rare for an offline business to have even a 10% net profit. We have virtually no expenses, other than those who utilize PPC heavily, so we're on the opposite end.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I've had several offline businesses over the years and I don't think I could ever go back to that. Not only do you have advertising, overhead, shipping, travel, etc., you have to deal with phone calls and returned merchandise to deal with.

I am certainly spoiled in this business. Hope it continues for many years to come.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Our offline businesses earn much more than 10% with a great deal of overhead. Of course, we have plenty of overhead, too, and we're making much more than 10%, too.

Looking for more, though ...

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    Have any of you ever owned an OFFLINE business?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm investing my online profits in offline retail and residental properties, offline investments will never return high percentages like my online ventures but they are a secure of revenue. I see my offline investments as long terms investments. In my opinion its wiser to invest both online and offline.

Online profits are way over 90% for me. Heck, the annual domain and hosting fees were paid for in the first two days of sales. I only use free SE listings and repeat visitors for traffic. I'm used to this as my offline architectual design business has nearly the same profit margin. I use the same home office and equipment for both businesses. I invest the profits in real estate, too. In three years of affiliate marketing I managed to buy two mountain home building lots and a condo in Acapulco. No mortagage and debt-free!

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

contact me ernatior at jmills2@cogeoc.ca I want to ask questions and i cant find your email thanks

sorry that was jmills2@cogeco.ca
    and my names John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Affiliatetracking:
    contact me ernatior at jmills2@cogeoc.ca I want to ask questions and i cant find your email thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Is it just me or is Affiliatetracking looking for a shortcut to the easy money?!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is it just me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not just you, SamyT.
    Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    I am not sure if a post about percentages tells us much in this case. Someone spends $200 on webhosting and a domain name. They are at 90% profit if they make over $2000 a year. Flipping burgers at McDonalds gives a person a much more impressive ROI. You spend $50 on shoes and an outfit and earn 14,000 a year. That is a 99.6% profit. You would need to toss in something to figure the value of your time.

A better poll might be, how much per hour do you make for your work at affiliate marketing?

sound thinking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You spend $50 on shoes and an outfit and earn 14,000 a year. That is a 99.6% profit. You would need to toss in something to figure the value of your time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, spend 50, make 14,000. I'm no mathmatician, but that's a little more than 99% return. I agree about the time thing. I would be curious about those who do this full time, but are still one-person operations. How much are you making per month?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yintercept:
    Flipping burgers at McDonalds gives a person a much more impressive ROI. You spend $50 on shoes and an outfit and earn 14,000 a year. That is a 99.6% profit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're comparing apples to rocks.

A McDonalds franchisee might spend $500,000 on a restarant. That restaurant might have $1,000,000 per year in sales and net $100,000 after expenses. That's a 10% net profit.

Comparing "net profit" of an employee relationship just isn't the same.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

To keep it all fair in your calculation, you should subtract a "salary" for yourself, and then calculate the site's earnings on the net after you've subtracted that salary.

I only put in about 5 hrs a week, so my salary is pretty low, making my sites' net pretty high. But if you are putting in 50+ hours a week, you should be factoring in the 50k+ it would cost if you had hired someone to do the work you are doing (and could you really get someone who does what you do for that price?)

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread