• 11-25

2 10.53%
  • 25-50

4 21.05%
  • Way too many

8 42.11%
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    related to my other Poll.

How many emails a week do you receive from the Merchant programs you are signed up for?

Purely from being a partner with them, that is, not from being a customer.

Thank you for your participation

Cheers

Chris

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    1-5. That's from all my programs combined!

And that's plenty. Any more would be "way too many." And if all my merchants sent even one newsletter, I would be drowned!

Note that this refers to regular emails, not the CJ internal mailbox. THAT does get way too many, and I don't mean "6" either. I don't know how many come through other networks' internal email boxes, though, because I never look! After bothering to check the LS box months ago and finding nothing but spams to join new programs, I forgot all about their box even existing.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

I selected 25-50, although I actually receive more. I don't consider it "Way too many". As long as the emails are timely promotions with all the pertinent details, I like to receive them. It just takes a quick peek (usually) to determine whether or not it's something I would like to post on my site.

Some of my biggest complaints (in general, not about Chris!) are:

1) Emails that come way in advance of the promotion. I have to set them aside and remember to add them later. Often I forget and it doesn't get added.
    2) Emails that don't include all of the details. Give me links, coupon codes, expiration dates, etc. Don't make me go search for it, or I'll probably just skip it.
    3) Emails that contain a ton of other useless stuff. Just get to the point.
    4) Promotions whose links or coupon codes don't work. Test it first. This happens far too often.
    5) Months worth of promotions in a spreadsheet. Once again, don't make me search through a ton of garbage to find the new promotions. And don't make me open a spreadsheet.
    6) Open-ended promotions. If you don't know the expiration date, follow up when you do know it. Often, I just skip anything that doesn't have a set expiration date unless I know the merchant will follow up.
    7) Sending the same promotions over and over again. I have one merchant who sends each "newsletter" three times. Once is plenty.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    1) Emails that come way in advance of the promotion. I have to set them aside and remember to add them later. Often I forget and it doesn't get added.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I prefer one-month advance notice of a promotion. I immediately log it into my calendar for inclusion.

I honestly wish there was a master calendar for all sales. When a person has to open each and every single merchant to see who has goodies on sale. IT’S A CHORE.

I think it would be grand if there were a way to create a master calendar. All merchants could take the time to add their items. Possibly email only a reminder to check the calendar.

SandraR

For BeFree, all of their merchant's promotions are in the Offer system. It's easy to identify new ones, see just promotions that apply to your merchants, etc.

It would be REALLY nice if something like this was available for all merchants.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks All. some excellent feedback here.

It is interesting to see how many emails different people consider to be 'too many'

Cheers

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:

1) Emails that come way in advance of the promotion. I have to set them aside and remember to add them later. Often I forget and it doesn't get added.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now myself, I love getting promotions ahead of time. I have my database set up so I can add the deals when I get them and set them to go live the day they are supposed to on my site.

I would love merchants to send all the month's deals at the beginning of the month. Heck I could work for a few days and take the rest of the month easy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I have my database set up so I can add the deals when I get them and set them to go live the day they are supposed to on my site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I really need to do that. I'm not sure I would want them to automatically go live though. Many times, promotions don't work quite right at first. Some merchants are much worse than others.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread