• When Things go wrong

5 26.32%
  • If there is a special bonus I've not responded to

1 5.26%
  • Other - Please add some comments

6 31.58%
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Last Poll of the day.

When would you expect your AM to calling you on the phone?

Assuming you are making sales for this merchant on a fairly consistent basis that is. Not a top earner but certainly not at the bottom either

Thank you again

Chris

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I prefer not to be called at all. If you don't have anything to say that can withstand being written in an email, I doubt it's worth hearing!

It grinds me to no end when someone insists on talking on the phone. Unless they want to be up when I am (2 AM), they can pretty much forget it!

People who are addicted to the phone always make me wonder how they ended up in a business of non-voice electronic communication.

(Note--this aggravation is not directed specifically at you.)

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Once a year might be OK. It does help to have a feeling that they are a real person.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    When I need to give them some info so I can get paid. This has happened a few times where i thought I had supplied one of my eins and had not.

Chet

I'm kinda torn on this one. I don't mind talking on the phone at all but I would kinda like an email asking when would be good first. Nothing is more embarrasing than having an AM call when you are fighting with your know it all teen, etc.. lol

You know, we work from home and life happens, so having an advance email would be good.

One thing I would love is call saying I am getting an increase in commish - hint hint...

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I really don't like to be called either. If we set up something by email, that's great. I like to hear a voice and get the immediate feedback that a only real voice discussion can deliver. But the voice contact needs to be agreed in advance.

I do make one exception. That is the rocket sales month circumstance. It's not that I want to be contacted, but I think an AM should contact anyone with a rocket month to confirm that they aren't breaking rules. If they can get comfortable that rules weren't broken with just email correspondence, then great, but if a phone call is needed to prove that someone isn't a p*rasite in disguise or whatever, then they should go ahead and call. The shady operators are always looking for a way to cheat the system, and a good AM should feel free to use all resources at their disposal to uncover them.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am apalled by everyone posting saying they don't like talking on the phone. I guess I come from a business where I talked to customers on the phone quite often.

On a side note, if an affiliate is having problems and the merchant thinks they have potential than a phone call to the affiliate is a win-win for both parties

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate marketing is very much a different beast. "office hours" vary wildly and the idea of having to talk business while I am laying in the sun on my back with my cat asleep on my chest, well that doesn't appeal to me.

Could be why i never answer my phone, don't have a cell phone and threw out my answering machine.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Anytime (during business hours).

I'm running a business. The merchant is running a business.
    Why should a merchant partner with an affiliate who isn't willing to communicate through normal business methods?

[edit]Although an email before hand would be nice so that I can run some stats so I know exactly where I stand with that merchant

Anytime except 3.00am in the morning

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why should a merchant partner with an affiliate who isn't willing to communicate through normal business methods?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because not being able to get through on the phone is a TOTALLY RIDICULOUS reason to refuse legitimate sales!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

I agree with Jackson and Pete...

It's silly to not want to talk to a business partner.

We are running a business are we not?

I do agree an advance email would be nice... to prearraign a time...

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Well, we don't necessarily keep business hours.

I usually work during the quiet of the night and often cat nap during the day when I can't get much done, anyway.

I just work better at night.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Being an online business, online is the preferred method of communications.

Phone calls are fine if there's a need, but often the same thing can be accomplished with an email.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I wouldn't mind an occasional phone call, if there was a pressing issue, or a great sales month, etc.

An E-mail is preferable, as there's a record of the conversation, and E-mails can be read/sent at any time without disruption.

Andy

The great thing about email is you have time to think about it before you respond. When someone calls you on the phone there is no telling what other things you have your mind on, things are always forgotten.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I welcome the phones calls. I find most all my Phone calls from AM's in 6 years are where they are seeking impartial advice ...not pushing for more exposure on my sites. Surprising is that 100% of the calls come from AM's who are employees of the actual merchants. Most of the calls come from the affiliate enabled leaders in their respective merchant categories seeking advice on improving sales, conversions and site designs.

Funny thing is the AM's never call to discuss my site or earnings as they all seem to know (unlike ABW affiliates) I do not operate affiliate sites to openly compete with the posters here. I use them just to test the trust we place in networks, analize what sells and works for merchants ecatalogs and alert folks here when a merchant is going sour or not worthy of showcasing on anyone's site due to poor conversions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I don't mind talking to them on the phone, but PLEASE email first!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't mind if the call is from a sexy sounding Australian Female AM

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Other.

I would like an email warning. I would like to get calls telling me they would like to give me a coupon to use on my site and that they are only giving this special coupon to there top affiliates. Or something like that.

I prefer all forms of communication, if its inconvenient I will tell you and we can reschedule.

SandraR

I don't mind when I get phone calls from AM's. I agree with Mike and the rest. It's a good chance to give and get feedback. An email letting me know about the call doesn't hurt though. Naptime is normally anytime between 3-6 pm but the phone comes off the hook so that shouldn't be a problem

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't mind if the call is from a sexy sounding Australian Female AM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Trust, Is MJ an AM now

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread