4 16.00%
  • A week or more

0 0%
  • Depends how much money I make from them

3 12.00%
  • I'd rarther not be contacted via email by the AM

0 0%
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Another of my posts about the 2 way relationship in Aff Marketing , following the line of "Equality at all levels"

This poll is not created due to anyone not replying to my emails, just out of self interest

There is a lot said about, Aff Marketing being about relationship building, especially in areas where conversion can be slow and the returns don't come as fast as on other programs.

When you send an email to an AM, you need/hope/expect a fast turn around, possibly without thought for the fact that the AM, might be getting a fair bit of mail.

SO the QUESTION : On the flip side, when an AM emails you personally, how/when do you respond?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Cheers

Chris

Chris, you worry too much. You are doing a fine job communicating.

If it seems you are ignored, it is because people work for many, many advertisers and don't have time to focus on just one. Once your links are up, focus on recruitment of a new affiliate rather than babysitting one who is off chasing another advertiser.

Most of us want to get your pages done and then move to the next item on our to-do list instead of going back over and over again to pages we thought we had finished.

Sure if you have a new offer or significant changes, you have to let people know. They will either act on it or not. Most likely they will not run back to your pages if they are working on another advertiser.

And, if your images go dead or the links don't take customers to the landing page, affiliates will hate like hell having to stop what they are doing to "fix" your pages. Keep things stable for us, OK? Or, if you cannot, at least be sure dead links go to a category page.

Once you have "landed" an affiliate, concentrate on catching the attention of someone who has you on the to-do list and try to get a bit higher on that list. Try to interest the ones that haven't even put you on the list. The ones who already put up your links have given you their best shot, already. Either you work for their site or you don't. Few people will put up multiple sites for you unless the first one was very profitable. If they see a place for you on another site and you are doing well, they will automatically put you up.

If ABW is running dry for you, you must seek new affiliates outside of ABW. Get them to come here.

But, take it easy on yourself. You're doing fine.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

I would just start a poll here which would result in any affiliates who hasn't been paying attention to their PMs to go look at them.
    Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go respond to some PMs .. ..

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It depends on the subject (is it IMPORTANT or just a glorified ad for the program), and how often the AM has been contacting me.

Usually they don't overdo it, but the few times it has happened I ended up starting to ignore the emails. It's kind of like a buzzing sound...at first you look (it's something different and of possible interest). Then it gets annoying (try to ignore it, maybe it'll go away). Then there comes a point where it's too much--you have to do something to stop it (swat!)!

If it's something really important, then I'll respond. But if you're hoping for a response to a general "we have a sale on" email or something like that...nothing doing. Such mundane news doesn't belong in a personal email anyway--that's what email blasts are for!

But like Ssanf said, you're doing fine. Actually merchants in general have been doing better in this area, now that the "contact your affiliates just for the sake of it" craze seems to be fading.

In short--important emails, respond = yes. Unimportant ones (general notices), respond = no.

Although now I am curious as to whether merchants *expect* a response to emails that say things like "we have a sale starting." I was under the impression that they would not...

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

http and a telephoto
    I interpreted a personal email as meaning one addressed to me with a specific question that I need to respond to. General notices do not get a response.

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I think it depends what the message is about. If it's about testing something and the AM is someone reputable like Chris I respond as soon as possible. Also if it's a message with any tips on how to help both the affiliate and the merchant perform better I put priority on it.

I will be the first to admit I barely glance at any of the promotional emails I get

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

For me it’s normally between 2-3 days. As an affiliate with over 3,000 merchants it’s an integral part of business to prioritize correspondences.

There has been more than one occasion where I have simply had to think things through prior to responding.

If it’s very important the merchants I work with normally IM me or call me direct. Henry is an excellent example of this. He takes the time to ring me and ask how he can better serve my needs.

SandraR

Hi Ssanf

No honest, it's an open question...well okay other than Popdawg ignoring my last 5 emails, 3 PMs and 2 posts to him...but hey I know when to take a hint

I just had a spark of interest after reading some articles and wanted to dig a little deeper into this with a view to how we move forwards and how we work with our partners.

The more touchy Poll is yet to come

Cheers

Chris

Chris ... if yer gonna dis me in public at least be accurate ....
    it was 5 emails, 3 PMs, 2 posts, 4 late night flower deliveries, 1 singing telegram and a courier pigeon.
    Thats why I didnt respond ... I couldnt tell if you were stalking me or offering a really, REALLY attentive new program level.

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

ABW Ambassador
    If it doesn't have all the pertinent info and adequate commission included it gets dumped without a response. If an adequate attempt is made with even semi-complete information, I will at least respond to acknowledge the contact. But a majority of the email I get is considered not much better than canned spam . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Stalking.... Hmmm no.... cough....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread