View Poll Results: What should we do about MIKE?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Placed him in an anthill with honey spilled on him?

13 27.66%
  • OTHER - Explain in detail

5 10.64%
  • Hit the ignore button real fast?

5 10.64%
  • Haiko needs to drive to his place and steal his keyboard once in a while?

3 6.38%
  • ABW would not be the same without him, so leave him be?

21 44.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    There are days when a person is not sure what to do about Mike.

SandraR

Added OTHER for those that need it!

[This message was edited by SandraR on February 05, 2004 at 10:45 PM.]

How about an "Other" choice..none of those quite fits my feelings...

How about all of those options and how about a other option,

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=548608979&f=591608789"target="_blank">parasiteware<a> you will not be listed on my site.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give him a damn raise!!!!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I voted 'Other' because I think 'All of the above' should apply

Different orders on different days...

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Leave him be because he was supposed to get me a cheque!!!!!

If he doesn't I vote #1

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    No one has done more good, more bad and provided the entertainment value of Mike & Charlie. I like seeing the points of view from all sides - his is definately different but insightful and very colorful IMO. If you don't like the posts then just ignore them.

Gordon came in second IMO and I haven't seen him in ages - miss him too!

** Have you asked for change? **

Why we gotta do anything about Mike?

What's the problem? I don't see any problem.

Did he get down on the Arabs again or something?

Well, he shouldn't do that and I wish he would stop because it isn't fair to all the nice Arabs. Anything else?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

SSanf,

You must have missed the recently closed thread!

Mike can make controversy with a few clicks on his keyboard. He cracks me up!

Now that picture of the man in a dress and you could see the outline of his very maleness. Well that one simply had to go. YUK!

SandraR

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What can I say. I'm just a dummy at the mercy of a ventriloquist Parrot. Blame it on the Doctor's nurse for mislabeling the PITA & HAPPY pill samples.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike is cool.

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    No one has done more good, more bad and provided the entertainment value of Mike & Charlie. I like seeing the points of view from all sides - his is definately different but insightful and very colorful IMO. If you don't like the posts then just ignore them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Mike is the webmaster. I look forward to Mike's posts every day.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

We don't do anything about Mike
    He's a colorful character, perhaps at times too colorful - but that's Mike.

His posts can be insightful, they can also drive you to distraction - but that's Mike.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    No one has done more good, more bad and provided the entertainment value of Mike & Charlie. I like seeing the points of view from all sides - his is definately different but insightful and very colorful IMO. If you don't like the posts then just ignore them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason some of us are compelled to rebut Mike is because silence is often seen as agreement, or at best neutrality. There are times it would be bad (IMO) to have that perception occur!

That said, there is certainly entertainment value to some of Mike's posts.

I still think the anthill/honey scenario sounds like a good idea.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Put him in the bird cage and let Charlie take over. Can you imagine the things he must have taught that bird to say!

I sometimes cringe and roll my eyes when I scroll down a thread and see that Mike replied. But sandwiched in that hyper-reply is usually some good info.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by mousejockey
    We don't do anything about Mike
    He's a colorful character, perhaps at times too colorful - but that's Mike.

His posts can be insightful, they can also drive you to distraction - but that's Mike.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ditto. I even thought that Mike is the commentator of all years. He deserves to receive a T-shirt from Haiko.

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mike, is well Mike...

Mike was one of the first few LONG phone calls i took when i first started in affiliate marketing 3 years ago while working for TD.

While I was completely green as to what ailed the industry and the crippled program, Mike set my a*ss straight, told me what to look for and rambled on for over an hour with morsels of good information I would piece together through my first year as am AM.

Let history be told, his info, my background in advertising and sales management is in part a big reason I am where I am today. He managed to point me in the right direction.

Taking a program from 80K to 1.6MM in under two years would have been a tad more difficult without the frequent phone calls and the reality checks.

Thank you Mike Hyland!

Let Mike be...he is unique and quite a character at that.

<font face="Arial" size="2">Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services</font>
    <font size="2" face="Arial">E: doc@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM &amp; MSN: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010
    www.andyrodriguez.com - Get on my team, sign up for my newsletter, learn and earn!</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial">Programs Managed - Join Now! >> Superstore-Electronics.com | SurplusComputers.com | BestForeignParts.com | 5DollarSoftware.com | BettyMills.com</font>

I find myself more and more in agreement with Mike as my understanding of this industry grows.

There are those who appreciate what he is trying to do.

If it weren't for people like him we might as well all give in to cynicism and crawl under the nearest rock to join the slime.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

OMG ! If we got rid of him (them), where would Mike and Charlie go?

As someone who knows a doctor, let me say that it would be detrimental to Mike's health if we were to turm him out onto the street.

Please have compassion, we don't want to turn them into Urban Campers. Although, Mike could probably do tricks with Charlie to earn cash on the streetcorner. What kind of tricks does he do Mike?

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Had to send him anothert e mail
    so my vote is
    GET HIM ON THE ANT HILL

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    While this is a great deflection strawman thread so we can all have a love fest about mike...

The truth is, Mike, unprovoked once again attacked another affiliate and labeled them something they were not. Not based on any proof, not based even on the question at hand. But merely for the affiliate posting an on-topic thread about a subject that is important enough and accepted enough by enough people here - it has its own forum.

And as someone whom mike has done this, watch how the person attacked gets treated afterwards, there are people who believe mike knows what he is talking about and believe his accusations are based on some proof some evidence.

His attack against Micheal were 100% unprovoked. Offtopic and did nothing more than give Mike a chance to rant and rail against the evils he himself does. And if that was it, I could look at him and smile and laugh. But that isn't it. We get people like Radgegast who I wonder now - do you think MichaelColey is some kind of scammer? Do you hide from datafeeds?

I mean MichaelColey did do the terrible sin of in the data feed forum, talk about the issue of the quality of datafeeds.

What a scammer!!!

Is that something that should not be allowed?
    Is that something that someone should be attacked for??

Oh look! Cute!! Mike attacked him!!! Mike tried to belittle him for using a datafeed!! And from what I know happens when the great Mike attacks, his mindless followers will now say in their little head - MichaelColey is a scammer!!! Datafeeds are bad!!!! Blah blah blah incoherent blah.

To Quote Mike:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cover your asses datafeeders as just like the couponers your lot is cast amongst the scumbags of affiliate marketing. Care to figure out how many of these two classes of affiliates are pure ppaly SE spammers. I get my kicks out of baiting the same old group and watching them defend their addictions praying affiliate marketing stays as corrupt as ever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember, on any forum, for every person posting, there are at least 10 lurking. So first, I did not ask nor did anyone else in that thread ask for mike to be banned - which is why sandra's posting this strawman/deflection post is so funny. Second, I really honestly wonder why his original post in that thread was allowed to stand - unmoderated.
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...065#6186033065

These types of baseless accusations should not be allowed. There is a very big difference between someone being accused of something with proof in hand, on topic and pertinent to the thread - or a new thread is started, check the 180 thread for a good example and Mike's groundless accusations. And while they are so wacky they are almost cute, the problem is, many people believe them.

And should that go uncontested as the accepted viewpoint? Is that helpful for new affiliates learning their way? For any affiliates?

As I said before, I don't even bother replying to Mike's ignornat posts, but his attack posts will not go uncontested. And I hardly find his baseless accusations of other members here cute.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    I like Mike! I enjoy his posts and I like how he can stir things up. We may not all agree with him but he does open our eyes to many things.
    Cazzie

Fight Back! Parasite Free In 2004!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast