View Poll Results: BAD Merchants!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Create a new forum for SCUM merchants

5 20.83%
  • Ability to vote scum merchants into the scum merchant forum.

9 37.50%
  • Request we completely do away with Scum merchants.

6 25.00%
  • Deleted Sum merchants from the forum

1 4.17%
  • Other - Explain:

3 12.50%
    There are now 2 Bad Merchants on this forum.

What should we request done with them?

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Tiger Direct has all but shafted every affiliate in this forum.

Go Collect has decided that paying affiliates is the last thing on there to do list!

What’s next?

Something really needs s to be done.

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

do you mind giving the skinny on "Go Collect" That was going to be my next project.

dave

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Re-training a good merchant is a hell of a lot easier then finding a new one.

See what happens when Overstock cleans the dog crap off their shoes and weeds out their bad affiliates. Their sales will go up and the quality of affiliate pages will determine income. They now demand affiliates do pre-sell and have 6 new verticle AM's to drive home that point. Anyone up to the task will make money on their re-trained move.

Go Collect and 1-800-Flowers are in a verticle run by Ad Whore intern affiliate management firms. Pick out some indies and let the BHO's give them a trip to the health clinic for shots once a month. Hell ...just promote Collectables Today and force them to behave.

TigerDirect needs some re-training, but my crap site has some interior landing pages that even with the Christmas Decor still up and no new links since Mid -December still brought in 468.99 in Febuary. Where else can I find a wide selection computer merchant to showcase. They got me by the beak...eeekkk!

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

save your time dave if you read the threads in their forum you will find like SandraR says "that paying their affiliates is the last thing on there to do list".

I know of many times that affiliates have had to wait months for their money. I dropped their program some time last year after asking them numerous times without sucess to get rid of their link overwriting and diverting parasites.
    I am still waiting for all my money's owed to be paid and the way things are going I very much doubt I will get it from them.

Take some advice and stay away from them.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Tiger Direct has all but shafted every affiliate in this forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they have. Before Andy left, I quit both of their programs. My balance was less than the minimum payout, but Andy said he'd get it paid out to me. It still hasn't graced my mailbox.

Ultimately, it's up to Haiko what to do with these merchants. If their forum renewal fee helps him justify keeping them onboard, then so be it. If not, then he can boot them. It's all up to Haiko's T&C.

So until Haiko asks for our opinion, my opinion stays with me.

Michael

@ Mike <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> TigerDirect need some re-training <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've got to disagree with you here Mike, They run a cold and calculated scam on all their affiliates and did exactly the same thing with Dartek their sister company.

I also noticed that just prior to this scam becoming common knowledge they upped their minimum payout from $25.00 to $50.00. This was just another scam to do their affiliates out of comissions they had earned as they (tiger) knew that a lot of their affiliates would drop them once the datafeed farce became known.

[edited to add]
    It seems like emdub was cheated as well as me.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

This poll does more damage to them than doing away with them or creating a new scum forum.

char_paula

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've got to disagree with you here Mike, They run a cold and calculated scam on all their affiliates .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

And Mike, enjoy your earnings, but your continued promotion of 'Tiger' on all the threads here is only going to hurt your own credibility.

How can you attack all these other programs, and bash ABW as a scumware breeding ground, when you yourself are encouraging all these newbies to work with them?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I have neither the desire or the traffic to showcase and test more than 2 merchants. I still can give you guys and gals the ups and downs of Overstock and Tigerdirect as to domain bound affiliate traffic over 3 years.

Re-educating them both will set an example for all the lurkers and active posting merchants that they shouldn't deviate from a tried and true path I laid out for these 2 in 2001. MERCHANTS -Give your AM's more power to make sure affiliate traffic outperforms normal SE traffic and keep out of their cubicals with your greed driven ideas.

PS: I'm still caught by the beak. Where the hell else can I find 2 AM's to work with that are actual employees of major merchants. Keep the thinking cap on folks. I'm not recommending newbees to tackle either of these overexposed merchant's. Smart veterans know they pay on time and can be as good or better then ever in the current monopolistic SE environment. The affiliate industry could use about 100,000 less players stinking up the place.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>do you mind giving the skinny on "Go Collect" That was going to be my next project.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not sign up for their in house program. It has no cookies at all. Check their forum for questions and response times (haven't looked there in a while but - they have deleted controversial posts, such as discussions regarding no cookie in the in house program) and generally the response time is lacking.

Perhaps someone can give you some information why you should promote them but it wont be me.

** Have you asked for change? **

ABW Ambassador
    So Mike, you are re-deducating 'Tiger' by sending them $11,000 in (reported) sales?

Because you can't find a replacement?

A guy with your experience should be able to do better than just looking thru the networks for computer merchants.

The way to re-educate 'Tiger' is to take away their affiliates. But they can't leave because there are no replacements. And 'Tiger' knows this.

Why don't we just recruit another computer seller to start an affiliate program?

It is easy. We nominate who is the best computer parts merchant out there without a program. And get 100 affiliates who think they can drive a minimum $1000 sales for them per month. There is a good chance we get one, or at least be able to cut some sort of advertising deal with them, and then everyone can dump the BAD program.

KBToys...they have to make the SCUM list.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Sorry I make good money with GoCollect and they do pay eventually. Just have to be patient

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

ABW Ambassador
    Bad merchants? I vote "Other"

I wouldn't vote them off the island. While they're here paying for a forum, that's the ideal place to inform potential new affiliates of their crappy treatment of affiliates and let the offending merchant pay for the priviledge. If TD and others get tired of hearing constant reminders of their anti-afilliate policies, let them pack their tent and go elsewhere. We've seen more ethical merchants arrive here and set up forums then we've seen bad merchants rise to the surface like pond scum.

I have no problem with posting in the Overstock forum objecting to their coddling of 1-800 just because they're not stealing from Overstock affiliates this week. No qualms about adding my voice in the TD forum in objection of their pro-active search engine spam program, not to mention the Dartek insult.

When merchants start deleting contrary opinions from their forums then it's time to open threads elsewhere, but in the meantime, let them pay for the documentation of their own arrogant anti-affiliate policies.

Wayne

http and a telephoto
    GoCollect indicated they were open to "re-education" but that was in January and it's March with no changes. They may pay eventually, but they need to follow their TOS if they expect affiliates to follow it to.

We were promised checks would be sent 2 weeks ago and they aren't in the mail yet. I have been spending the week creating new pages for 2 other merchants that will start being loaded over the next several days to replace the GoCollect pages I have up. We'll see if the other merchants convert like GoCollect. Neither of the other programs I know about has the range of products that GoCollect does, so I most likely won't drop them completely, but anyone with links up for them needs to understand that you won't get paid when you think you will. They don't have great reporting features, the one thing they did to make communication a bit better was change the reporting interface to show pending orders that haven't been credited for payment yet, as opposed to the old way of showing all sales. I have a whole lot of pending orders, many from December that I expect the customers will cancel.

My advice if you have a need for collectibles merchants is to diversify. And I would love to know of one that has the same range of products as GoCollect and that maybe even has them in stock!

Deborah
    http://loxlygallery.com

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread