View Poll Results: Which is more damaging to investors?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Conviction

1 8.33%
  • The Fallout After ( company stock crashing )

11 91.67%
    In the Martha Stewart Trial, which action will cost the investors ( general public ) more money? Granted it was her fault in doing something stupid.

Luke
    Bop Til You Drop

It really should not hurt anyone; it’s been on the news forever. If anyone is stupid enough to stay with her company they deserve the loss.

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think the stock will recover when Kmart customers keep needing new sheets, blankets, tablecloths etc., provided Kmart keeps using her product line.

So I'd say the conviction, for the short-term tankage.

Also I expect her to do something to make any stay in "Club Fed" lucrative, like write a book or authorize a movie. Also she may be able to stage an effective comeback.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    That stock price is starting to look downright attractive, to my eyes.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

I don't think Martha is going to see the inside of a prison. She'll be under house arrest like Uncle Junior for a year. Enough damage has already been done to people that have nothing to do with this whole "scandal". This type of insider trading goes on on a daily basis. The people in the know always know stuff before the average guy. That's life. It's one of the perks of being rich and connected.

I'm just amazed she could have been so stupid as to even talk to the feds. When they come a calling don't open your mouth. $650 an hour for a lawyer didn't get her much.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>$650 an hour for a lawyer didn't get her much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that really how much her lawyer cost ? That's not that expensive. My partner fought an 8 year court case and her lawyer cost that ! The difference being that Sally (my partner) won and the other side paid the costs.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I think her trial lawyer probably got an upfront fee just to take the case also.

I think most large firm partner status lawyers probably get around $400 - 600 an hour. What they end up billing is another question. They can sometimes bill for more hours than exist in a day.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread