View Poll Results: 2checkout or mypaysystems ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 checkout

6 46.15%
  • mypaysystems

2 15.38%
  • other

5 38.46%
    Which credit card processor do you think is better ? I am especially interested in Non-U.S. answers as I am in Canada, but would like everyone's input that has experience with either system.

Thanks for helping with my decision!

ABW Ambassador
    There's plenty of other options - Paypal is looking better now you don't have to create an account to pay for things. One that rarely gets mentioned is MultiCards (www.multicards.com) - this is a European based equivalent to 2CheckOut and PaySystems, but you can bill in US Dollars, Euros or Sterling. They've been around for ever, and it's a pretty simple system to get set up.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Thanks markymark
    I will check out multicards as well. I am trying to replace paypal (thats all I presently have) because it seems to be limiting my shop. I would like to provide paypal in addition to credit cards.

like some more input please

bump to get above the two non voting messages

anyone feel free to post what carts you think are better and why

Are you looking for a shopping cart script or a credit card processor?

Best Shopping Carts:

osCommerce.com
    x-cart.com

Best credit card processors:

Costco.com w/ iongate
    (if you are an executive member)
    http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?t...dit%2Easp&log=

Otherwise:
    echo-inc.com

ABW Ambassador
    Shopping Carts:

ShopSite (www.shopsite.com) - that's my idea of an easy to set up, simple to use, search engine friendly shopping cart. I wish every one of my clients used it, to be honest. It's not cheap (the Pro version is $1,295, though there is a cheaper version at around $500 or so) but I love it dearly. It's a joy to use and it makes SEO of individual pages a painless task.

I also like some implementations of OsCommerce (the nice search engine friendly ones)SquirrelCart, and custom built carts from www.bmcinternet.com.
    Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

In the long run its cheaper to get your own merchand account.

For example a friend of mine is making an addition 3500 a month using his own system with his bank then using 2checkouts system.

Just Lurking
    I think to some extent it depends on what your selling. If your selling Hosting 2CO or myPaysytem might be a good choose. If your a retailer selling everything under the sun then a merchant account may be the way to go. If your selling ebooks or other intellectual properties maybe Paypal, Paystone or Clickbank.

If I had to choose between 2CO and MyPaySystem, I'ld probably go with 2CO seems easier to implement if your DIY.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

I have used both 2checkout and mypaysystems.

I switched to paysystems because I wanted to be able to charge in Canadian dollars.

They issues checks on time.

There is also telephone support for both the merchant and the customer. I don't think I ever had to wait more than a few minutes and I have called both as a merchant and as a customer. Always friendly and helpful.

I haven't visited the 2checkout forums for a while but there were always people complaining about things that were not getting done - such as payments. 2checkout staff for the most part addressed these issues but there were always a steady stream of complains.

The area where paysystems seemed a little weak was in providing support for shopping cart set-up. I use ThirdSphere.com for my hosting and they now provide an shopping cart that handles my needs and integrated with both paysystems and PayPal without a problem. Just had to enter my store ID, etc. and it was done.

Hope the above helps.
    Richard E. Ward
    [url]www.richardeward.com[/url] [url]www.itjobcoach.com[/url]

-------------------------
    MarkyMark wrote:
    There's plenty of other options - Paypal is looking better now you don't have to create an account to pay for things.
    --------------------------

Is this true, i.e., that "you don't have to create an [PayPal] account to pay for things"?

I tried to implement a paybutton using PayPal, but it appears to prompt the customer to create a PayPal account before it would process a payment. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps I need to take another look at PayPal. They would be my first choice since I already have an account with them. What are the service charges involved with using PayPal?

To answer my own question, PayPal says:

=========
    U.S. Business and Premier Account holders who have the PayPal Account Optional feature turned on can accept payments from a non-PayPal member. With this feature, customers who are new to PayPal can make a secure payment without creating a PayPal Account to complete a purchase. The customer will go through an alternate checkout, and will have the option to sign up with PayPal afterward.

This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but is not available for Subscription buttons.
    ===============

To turn this alternat payment option ON or OFF you have to edit your PROFILE. Go to the Website Payment Options and scroll to the bottomo of the page.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm on 2Checkout now.... upside, easy to set up, payment sent on time, no cost to send overseas, open to users in all countries..

Downside non stop issues which they always put down to DOS attacks, another one today!!!!!!

I'm thinking to move the whole of Pierced Body to a new storefront and credit card processor....one day....

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread