View Poll Results: How much are you paying for hosting?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than $10

17 27.42%
  • $10 - $20

10 16.13%
  • $20 - $30

7 11.29%
  • more than $30

28 45.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi ALL,

I am going to be posting a few polls here so I can understand your needs and provide some new services to all ABWers. Here is the first question.....

How much are you paying for hosting your affiliate websites?
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

ABW Ambassador
    I voted more than $30, but I have a reseller account.

I voted more than 30.
    I currently use $600/month, two dedicated dual xeon servers w/2gb ram.
    With around 30 active domains, that is $20 per domain/month. Three of the sites are huge, that's why I need the dedicated servers. Our biggest site pays for it all, and more...

To ALL,

Thanks for the votes, please keep them coming.

I do however have one comment to make. It is my fault that I didn't make this clear enough. What I want to know is how much you are paying PER WEBSITE and PER MONTH. Hope that makes it clear.

Thanks again to all who cast their votes.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

ABW Ambassador
    It's not that simple alex.. I could work that number out but having the ability to add a new domain or account anytime I want with a reseller account is important.

I Agree with SamyT

Cost is normally adjusted for SOME of the following reasons:

Bandwidth Usage
    Space Required
    Access to shell
    Domain Additions
    Technical Support

Currently I have 2 sites, 2 different hosts.

1st - between $6 - $12 / month depending on Bandwidth used

2nd - $9.99 (still a new site so I havn't incurred any extra charges).

I hope this info helps!

I voted more than $30. But if you're asking per domain, then it's WAY less than $10. Probably around $2.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Well, I have a deal similar to what THMedia used to offer so I don't pay all that much per domain. I can have up to 500 domains in the package if I remember right. I am not positive because I am no where near the limit. New domains don't cost any more as I add them. I think right now I pay about $1.30 a month per domain.

I would share where but I don't know if he offers this all the time or not. No harm in asking if someone wants the info, contact me privately and I will send you my regular e-mail address for correspondence.

And the service is beyond excellent.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I am paying $41.95, but that is for a reseller account (sounds like that's what you have SSanf). I got mine through Kualo.com. Unlimited domains, 4GB storage, 50GB bandwidth, etc...etc...

I also needed (and got) shell access.

Fred

Now I'm curious. Those of you that get unlimited domains, do you get a unique IP address for each domain? So someone with 100 domains would have a block of 100 IP Addresses?

I doubt any sane host will give u 100 ips. Ip are in shortage right now.

http and a telephoto
    Ditto on the "more than $30 reseller account". I have 15 gigs of space, unlimited domains, lots of bandwidth available, shell, etc.

Howie, I have one IP address for all my domains, as stated, IP addresses are in short supply and I could request additional, but don't see the need to.

A serious affiliate, in my opinion, will need more than one domain rather quickly. If I was still paying $10 a month, I would be paying a monumental amount per month, and would have to limit myself. Some domains have just a few megs of files, but get loads of traffic and sales. Under a traditional plan, that would cost me as much per month as a monster size site with low to medium traffic.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I have a reseller account for which I pay $100 per year. Got a good deal on ebay.

It's a shared server, but suits me for now.

Jim

OK, thats what I figured, one IP for all domains. That makes sense. But don't the SE's penalize you for this? What I mean is SE's penalizing your rank for sites sharing an IP. I know if the content is not the same it's OK, but I always thought if you were to use one IP for multiple domains the SE's would penalize all your sites. We host our own sites and run our servers in-house with 100's of IP's so I was just wondering what others do. Sorry for getting off the subject a little.

http and a telephoto
    That would mean that any IP on a shared server would be penalized. I can attest that they are not. I actually have higher rankings now than I did a few months ago on a dedicated server with my own IP address.

The spiders have been liking my sites (40-50 different domains with the same IP address) and sales are going up accordingly, so my SE rankings are fine.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I think there are just too many variables for a survey like this. I think you should break it down to people who pay a fee per URL and those of us who have dedicated server space, no matter how many domains we have on there.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ALL,

First of all I want to thank you all for your votes.

Yes, I know that hosting is more complicated than the 4 choices I gave you. I am just looking for a general idea and that is why I won't go into details. I will post some more polls with other questions, and then I will hopefully get the info that I want when I put everything together.

Thanks again for your votes, keep them coming.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

I'm paying about $600/month, but that's for three dedicated servers. Each have 700GB of bandwidth included. Two of them are Dual Xeon's with 4GB of RAM. I have four main domains spread across those servers. Two of the domains are load balanced across multiple servers to handle high traffic. I have about 40 other domains registered that I just haven't developed yet. I could literally put hundreds or thousands of low-volume sites on each server, although my goal isn't to have low-volume sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Is Amazing-bargains new?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think I'm paying anything yet, except for $5.99 a year for each domain name. I got in on that 1and1 free for three years thing. I only have 5GB of bandwidth right now, but when I get more traffic I want to get their package for like $50 that comes with 500GB. Otherwise each additional GB is 99 cents. Also, I think that each additional IP is like 99 cents a month. I don't know if all of this is a good deal or what all they offer or all of the details, but I figured I'd share since I'm happy with it. Well, I'm happy, but still new and don't know what all a hosting company needs to be a good one.
    I forgot what I was doing.

I have 7 domains that run roughly $80-100 per year ($6.67-8.33 per month). I use three different hosting companies but really don't have a favorite.

Howie said...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now OK, thats what I figured, one IP for all domains. That makes sense. But don't the SE's penalize you for this? What I mean is SE's penalizing your rank for sites sharing an IP. I know if the content is not the same it's OK, but I always thought if you were to use one IP for multiple domains the SE's would penalize all your sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Howie you could get banned if you "share" a bad neighborhood with spammers and the like. If all the ip's are yours and you didn't run any "spammy" sites (link farms etc.) than there isn't a problem.

Now if your talking about linking them all together then you might run into a different kind of problem. That "might" be considered "spammy".

I pay $65 per month for 5gig of space and 85gig bandwidth. I am currently hosting about 40 websites on that space, so that works out to less than $2 per website per month.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    Is Amazing-bargains new? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, it's coming up on five years here in a few months.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast