View Poll Results: Was your commission check lost in the mail?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 51.28%
  • No

16 41.03%
  • You're sooooooo paranoid!

2 5.13%
  • Go Home Troll!

1 2.56%
    Was your commission check ever lost in the mail? Mine was. I'm wondering if the company I'm dealing with has a pattern of claiming that they paid, but they really didn't because it’s part of their scheme of collecting stop-payment fees from their affiliates. Seems like an easy way for a company to skim (scam) an easy profit. If you too have had your check lost in the mail, please create a topic to share company names (if this is allowed). I'm too paranoid to do this myself. Or just respond to this poll. Thanks.

15 years and counting
    Yes, I still have a check over $12,000.00 lost in the mail. The check is now two months old. I'm thinking to ask the merchant (an indy) to cancel it and send me an other one. It's not my first check lost in the mail. I'm getting too many checks from LS, and I don't really want to spend my time to follow all of them.
    Thanks CJ, Shareasale and Performics for making our life easier.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Well I lost a check myself and the company charged me a 25 stop payment fee. Then they paid to fed ex the new one to me. Other than that I haven't had any checks lost.

Last summer, before I sqitched to Direct Deposit, one of the major networks sent me two checks in one envelope..mine and someone else's. Unfortunately, their check was MUCH better than mine. ..I emailed the network and sent it back to them.

http://www.diyautoparts.com

I think you're paranoid about it being a scheme by the company to make money on stop-payment fees, but that's not how I voted.

I've had several of my checks lost for various merchants/networks. I've also received several checks that belonged to other people. Once, it was two checks in one envelope. The other two times it was two envelopes stuck together. I always just drop a note in the envelope to let the affiliate know that I got their check, put postage on the envelope, and drop it in the mail. I figure the affiliate would rather get the check back ASAP rather than having it go back to the network.

I've switched to direct deposit everywhere that offers it. I'm anxiously awaiting BeFree and Linkshare to offer direct deposit, as probably 90% of my checks are from them.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Maybe you mailed a check to me Michael... ha ha! I got one a couple of months ago addressed from linkshare to me, but handwritten and not in the typical envelope. Whoever sent it back, thanks! :0)

Too many cases to mention

lost checks from Befree, LS and indie.

plus i had paid cj $10/$20 ( forgot?) once to re-issue
    a lost check (or a check that had never been sent out by cj in the first place )

I just started with affiliate programs so I have yet to get a Check from any. But a google adwords check took 3 months to get to me.

The check was a little over 1000 dollars. Google said they had to send out a lot of checks that month and that's why it took so long.

On another occasion with google as well. Someone else got my check and cashed it. Took an investigation and 3 months to get a new check. Google never charged me anything.

One Amazon check was so late that I had payment stopped on it and they sent me a new one. It did finally show up, though, so I can't say it was really lost. Otherwise, no problems so far. I've been lucky.

Many of our affiliates use paypal. The checks are harder to lose in the mail and they often arrive faster.

my fine click commission check lost in the mail and till date we have not received any thing form fineclick

you can receive money via paypal for fineclick

i like to see more merchants use MoneyBookers.com rather than paypal

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread