Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • There IS a SE benefit

5 17.86%
  • No, don't do it!!!

8 28.57%
  • Don't know / Don't care

15 53.57%
    I know many aff's are against sharing their url's (For good reason too ....even so, I wonder if there are SE benefits from having your url in ABW (or other BBS) posts.

TJ:

I chose ignorance & apathy.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Just Lurking
    Only if you don't post after Mike because that would probably be beyond the 100k limit that most SE index.

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If the board is spiderable, I would think there may be a micro-benefit. I say "micro" because usually individual threads don't seem to have that much PR.

By the lack of ABW threads I've seen in Google, though, I have my doubts that this board is spiderable (either that or G doesn't care to bother spidering it too deeply).

You didn't have a "maybe" or "under certain circumstances" option so I didn't vote.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen some message boards posts where people use their sig show up as backlinks. I haven't seen it with ABW but have seen some of our posts show up on another site that redirects to ABW, don't know if those show as backlinks.

I work in lounge pants

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I prefer to keep my domain off my sign line. I get enough abuse without getting hate e-mails. If someone wants to view my site ...it's a two step process.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    Most SEs are not good enough to spider dynamic URLs with more than 2-3 paramters. Boards like ABW has way too many URL parameters. That causes SEs to avoid the pages. In boards like WMW, URL are not dynamic (as it appears) and so indexed heavily in Google. Signature lines in those type of boards sometimes do count as backlinks.

It will be suggestion to Haiko to use simpler URLs in ABW 3.0 or so.

Upon placing my site links, there has been an increase in merchant inquiry. This gives me the opportunity to work with merchants I had no idea could possibly increase my earnings.

As for copy cats - I have a very nice war chest, if you don't have anything to sue over, not to worry I accept garnishment of wages till the day you hit retirement, and I can guarantee you if I can take a percentage of your SS check I will try! I know the value of each and every site, so do my attorneys, not everyone here is broke!

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Just for the challenge, I've decided to copy all your sites.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

steveinid:

While you're at it, copy ours ... our lawyers are probably bored, too.

---------

Dang vultures --

steveinid -- Lawyers are GRINNING -- Slapping Backs looking at me as though I am about to pay for there children’s college fund!

<font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Sandra:

Maybe we should copy each other's sites and let them pay for graduate school, too..

---------

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I prefer to keep my domain off my sign line. I get enough abuse without getting hate e-mails. If someone wants to view my site ...it's a two step process. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step One) Type in URL.

Step Two) Take a nap or go grocery shopping while the page loads.

------------------------------
    Get Rich or Try Dyin' ~ Fy Dolla
    Got a beef? Call the Chief! 1-900-CHIEFBS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    Sandra:

Maybe we should copy each other's sites and let them pay for graduate school, too..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After reviewing my monthly awards since not many can pay the full amount, I will not have anything to worry about when I get to old to type!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chief_Beef_aka_Fy_Dolla:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I prefer to keep my domain off my sign line. I get enough abuse without getting hate e-mails. If someone wants to view my site ...it's a two step process. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step One) Type in URL.

Step Two) Take a nap or go grocery shopping while the page loads.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I prefer to keep my domain off my sign line. I get enough abuse without getting hate e-mails. If someone wants to view my site ...it's a two step process. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it's an 8 step process to recover

Who's up for Whack-A-Mike?

Show me the money.
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lurkers without intent to purchase get the slow page loads. That's my secret weapon. Buy once and the pages load quick.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

I use one in my signature for online forums and I get quite a few hits within just hours of using it. And I don't make any obvious pitches for visits. I just answer questions and make good comments. Stealth Marketing.

Luke
    Bop Til You Drop

Agreed,"Stealth Marketing", can produce some great results.
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

I found ABW posts on MSN yesterday, so perhaps there IS a benefit
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

ABW Ambassador
    I understand that search engines don't give a lot of PR to threads in a forum. There generally are not a lot of outside web sites pointing to a particular forum to transfer PR.

I think the best way to handle forums is to exclude HTML in signatures. Each post transfer a bit of PR to your profile page...

For forums that allow sigs, I think it is a great place to list charities.

Canines against Landmines

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread