ABW Ambassador
    I just calculated that they reversed about 52% of all gross sales for January AND only about half the transactions are coming up locked yet...They usually lock everything monthly.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thank you for that survey.

ABW Ambassador
    You are welcome?

33% for me. Sickening rate. Do they credit partial returns I wonder, or do they blast the entire commission if one pair of shoes on a 10 pair order is returned. Anyone know?

ABW Ambassador
    They handle partial returns and exchanges properly.

As far as the percentage rate goes, it is in the same neighborhood with all of the other footwear merchants as well. Zappos just gets all the attention because they save them all up an upload them all at once.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

me too.... up to $300 my bonus deleted, more than 33% reversals

Thanks 'Beef. I guess it is just "breakage". Now that I know, I wont worry about it. Now if I could just convince myself not to worry about $7,500 in reversed KBToys commissions. Bad people. Stay away.

ABW Ambassador
    The rates that Zappos has is in no way close to what other shoe retailers have. We work with some of the top names online and Zappos is by far the highest of any, due to its lenient return policy and free shipping on returns. For example:

Shoes.com - Does not ding affiliate for returns unless fraudulent

Most of the dozen other shoe merchants we work with have rates around, maybe 15% if that.

You all are lucky to only see 33% or so in returns, we typically see this percentage too, but it was higher this month at around 50%.

ABW Ambassador
    My reversal percentage from them this month was lower than expected; about 20%. So it all balances out.

Next month I'll be the one that gets nailed, and you'll be the one that gets a break.

Good luck getting a comparable conversion rate from other shoe merchants. If Zappos drop their commission rate to 5%, and reverse 50% of sales across the board, they still outperform "the other white merchant" in terms of affiliate revenue potential.

I should just shut up and laugh all the way to the bank while everybody *****es about Zappos, drops them and tries other merchants in their place and then start *****ing about "sales are so slow this month".

History just keeps repeating itself.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

ABW Ambassador
    My reversals were not bad from Zappos.com this time around. I am actually in the black with them this month (usually goes way negative on the tenth, and then climbs back the rest of the month).

I have a shoe merchant on reporting.net that is just as bad (reversals-wise) as Zappos. Also, tried Shoes.com and they never converted for me.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread