View Poll Results: Do you read Mike's posts?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I read Mike's posts - every word.

32 34.41%
  • I read the first sentence of Mike's posts, and that's about it.

20 21.51%
  • I see Mike's name and skip right over his post to the next.

27 29.03%
  • Who is Mike?

14 15.05%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Okay... How many of you out there actually take the time to read Mike's posts (10,000+)?

ABW Ambassador
    Mike should be in Hollywood peddling his persona to the sitcom producers.

He makes Kramer look as prim as Mr. Rogers.

I used to try to read them word for word.

Then I got down to the first sentence.

Now, if I'm totally honest, I skip them entirely.

Sorry, Mike. I'm sure there are some real pearls of wisdom in what you say... but I honestly cannot understand most of your posts. Far too much sniping and rhetoric to wade through to find the value.

What does it matter?

Mike is getting a lot more attention than he deserves here today.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    buy online,

What is the purpose of this poll? Just trying to stick it to someone??? It shows a complete lack of profesionalism.

Sure the guy has been known to rave, sometimes I can't work out what the hell he's talking about but over the years I've gained snippets of valuable wisdom and for that I'm thankful.

The bottom line is if you don't want to read a post by any member, just don't.

I don't think I've ever read more than a sentence of any of his posts ever and normally just skip on by. It's not the insulting content of his posts that bother me. It's the unorganized rants he tries to pass off as human-like conversation. I seriously can not follow the guys weird thoughts. I think it has something to do with what time the nurses administrate his medication and how long after he makes a post.

I am not trying to "stick it to someone," although it may seem that way.

My point is this. How important was it to start a thread asking to ban Mike? His comment was totally inappropriate, but how many people even read his post (or read is posts) to see what he is saying?

It looks like a few people that dislike Mike were waiting for their chance to railroad Mike - when it just doesn't rate that kind of reaction.

Do you read his posts?

Fred

PS: Mike, Charlie and Fred are watching the Red Wings play right now.

actually, I'm a little annoyed that I replied to this thread now - hadn't seen the other thread and I really don't like bandwagons.

BUT - "My point is this. How important was it to start a thread asking to ban Mike? His comment was totally inappropriate, but how many people even read his post (or read is posts) to see what he is saying?"

Wrong is wrong. Outside the rules is outside the rules. It really doesn't matter if one person reads it or every person reads it.

:ver the top comparison:: Murder ultimately only affects the victim - should we not bother to make a fuss of it?

Disclaimer: These comments are general and not in relation to whatever Mike said or didn't say.

When I read Mike's posts, sometime I think I am viewing a HBO motion picture, sometime I like the movie and sometime I don't but, I watch the entire film before I leave the theater and then I decide if the actor is good or not.

I joined ABW seven months ago and after reading many of Mike's posts in the last seven months, I don't think that Mike is a bigot, I might be wrong but, I think that Mike is just Mike, an old war veteran man that just say whatever he got on his mind at post time without thinking that he may insult and offend many people here with his racial remarks in order to make a point on his post about parasites or whatever the thread is about.

I don't know Mike in person, I just read his posts and I saw a picture of him here so, I can't judge the guy just for inserting some of his stupid controversial remarks on some of his posts.

While I don't like nor agree on some of his posts, I guess I am old enough to just ignore his bad controversial remarks, read between the lines and try to learn what I can about this business from a guy that have over 10,000 post here.

One thing I really hate is hypocrisy, don't go pretending that the world will end just because somebody said something stupid on one post, just think first if you ever said something similar or worse on one post or just between your friends or family, we're all just human and I bet that we all at one time or another, had said something that is not general accepted on this times and age.

I think the best way to handle an offending post if you get offended is to press the button on the right { Report This Post } and let the moderator deal with that post and not give more publicity to that offending post by replying to that post nor open another thread just to complain about that post, otherwise it looks like you're just looking for a second opinion and are not that really offended by that post.

Note: If anybody just want to jump on me now because of this post I made, go ahead and kill me now, I just put my 99¢, if you got 1¢ and want to make it a Dollar, go for it but, I will not change my pennies today.

Sal.

The thing about Mike's posts is that he DOES make some good points from time to time. Sometimes they're buried in a lot of other stuff that doesn't make much sense, but the point is there.

If Mike presented his points in a more understandable manner, and gave up some of the rants, I think more people would read them.

As for the derogatory comments, there is no room for that, PERIOD. It is against the ABW TOS. Mike either NEEDS TO STOP on his own volition OR BE STOPPED by ABW. You can not make exceptions for some, and not for others.

Andy

If I read Mike's posts, I read every word. Quite a literature. Miss a word and the sense shifts. Another thing, I would never call somebody a bigot, just because it feels bigotic. Plus, life's too short.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    There is nothing wrong with Mike's posts. The only thing I disagree is that some of his posts are too long for the topic at hand. Otherwise they are a good read and make perfect sense once you understand what he is trying to say.

Um, Mike who ?
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    When I read Mike's posts, sometime I think I am viewing a HBO motion picture, sometime I like the movie and sometime I don't but, I watch the entire film before I leave the theater and then I decide if the actor is good or not.

I joined ABW seven months ago and after reading many of Mike's posts in the last seven months, I don't think that Mike is a bigot, I might be wrong but, I think that Mike is just Mike, an old war veteran man that just say whatever he got on his mind at post time without thinking that he may insult and offend many people here with his racial remarks in order to make a point on his post about parasites or whatever the thread is about.

I don't know Mike in person, I just read his posts and I saw a picture of him here so, I can't judge the guy just for inserting some of his stupid controversial remarks on some of his posts.

While I don't like nor agree on some of his posts, I guess I am old enough to just ignore his bad controversial remarks, read between the lines and try to learn what I can about this business from a guy that have over 10,000 post here.

One thing I really hate is hypocrisy, don't go pretending that the world will end just because somebody said something stupid on one post, just think first if you ever said something similar or worse on one post or just between your friends or family, we're all just human and I bet that we all at one time or another, had said something that is not general accepted on this times and age.

I think the best way to handle an offending post if you get offended is to press the button on the right { Report This Post } and let the moderator deal with that post and not give more publicity to that offending post by replying to that post nor open another thread just to complain about that post, otherwise it looks like you're just looking for a second opinion and are not that really offended by that post.

Note: If anybody just want to jump on me now because of this post I made, go ahead and kill me now, I just put my 99¢, if you got 1¢ and want to make it a Dollar, go for it but, I will not change my pennies today.

Sal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Your right to som extent, freedom of speech is a right, but don't count it up to being an old veteran, i saw what happened in Korea, and germany, the other buddies and I threw up, when we saw the death camps, those people didn't have freedom of anything,that's worth a cent.
    jj

Criminy! Someone wants to ban Mike? I must have missed that. Ban Mike...uh, I don't think so. In your dreams.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

BTW Where is Mike?

having a heluva good laugh, I hope.

ABW Ambassador
    I wish Mike would realize that he damages his arguments by going a bit too far a bit too often.

For the most part, I like the posts, I don't read all that many of them. Anyway, it is not Mike that worries me. Charlie is the one I think is dangerous.

Mike had said he was gonna be babysitting he grandkids this week. Must be keeping him busy.
    Mike taking care of impressionable children...scary thought...

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    LOL
    Children raising children

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I read his post on the FTC public comment page regarding parasites. Well informed and really makes some great points! He is a valuable asset to this community. We need him here!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

When I come across Mike's post, I feel compelled to read them. So of the stuff is garbled, but I have learned and gained knowledge about this biz partly on behalf of Mike's posts.

Because he calls it like "HE" sees it. That's what makes his rants/posts so valuable.

Note* I haven't yet seen what Mike posted to upset someone(s) in the AWB community.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Even with Mike's sometimes controversial posts, I am already missing Mike's posts, specially when there're some parasites in the area.

I want my MTV (Mike's Tactical Views)

In over 10,000 channels (Posts), there're some good information.

Taxi cabs confessions are good on HBO but, BHO information are better with Mike's posts.

Sal.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast