View Poll Results: Fair Disclosure

25. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would allow me to make better business decisions.

23 92.00%
  • I agree with Todd - it would not help me make better business decisions.

2 8.00%
    ABW Ambassador
    Of Issue: Fair Disclosure
    How : Affiliates are required to provide statements concerning the use of incentives and/or software for merchants to consider. CJ does not provide a likewise policy for merchants to disclose if they work with incentive/software downloads.

Todd stated:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Regarding fair disclosure:

Many of you have pointed out that simply because an advertisers has partnerships with publishers that utilize software does not mean they have partnered with publishers that you believe to be parasitic - likewise if they offer rewards. I do not believe that disclosing whether an advertiser works with publishers that use sofware of offer rewards would be telling you anything that would help you make a business decision. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The question:
    Do you feel disclosing whether an advertiser works with publishers that use sofware of offer rewards would help you make better business decisions concerning who to partner with?

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm, would advance knowledge that the payout from an affiliate arrangement is substantially less than the figures hawked in a merchant's profile help help me make business decisions? Gosh, this is an extremely difficult question.

Would knowing that the 10% commission listed by a merchant is really only a 8% commission because parasites snag 20% of my traffic help me make decisions. Gosh, I am having a hard time with this one. The fact that 10% equals 8% is a really tough one. 'cause, well shouldn't 10 = 10. Would knowing 10 = 8 help me make decisions?

This is a hard one.

Now, if I was a parasite or incent site...knowing that a merchant accepts or rejects such sites would help me make decisions. Not being a parasite, I really don't know. I will have to think on this.

Anyway Gotta run. Should I put my shoes on my head or my feet? Another difficult business decision...

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    No, i throw everybody up on my site and test them all out for myself and whoever i get to convert for me stays. I make business decisions based on business stats. Who converts for me and who pays me.

If i made a personal decision between a parasite riddled merchant or a parasite free merchant, i'll take the parasite free one everytime.

If my parasite riddled merchant is converting better and has a better EPC that my parasite free one, my business decision is obvious.

Find a parasite free merchant that converts and pays, you struck gold.

Becoming parasite free is Step 1, but you still need to convert.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread