View Poll Results: What statistics do you NEED?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I need real-time reporting hits (impressions), clicks and sales. Show data per day and per hour

3 23.08%
  • I need real-time reporting clicks and sales. Show data per day and per hour

4 30.77%
  • I need real-time reporting clicks and sales. Show data per day

6 46.15%
  • I need real-time reporting clicks and sales. Show data per month

0 0%
  • Other (please comment)

0 0%
    Hello,

I'm setting up a new affilaite program and want to know what statistics you NEED as an affiliate. Please vote for option you would still join if the affiliate program offered.

Is impression tracking essential or would click tracking be enough?

Please feel free to add an answer if the ones provided aren't what you need.

Any comments/suggestions appreachiated.

Thank you!

For me, real-time reporting isn't a necessity, but it's certainly a huge advantage.

Rather than hourly data, I would prefer to be able to see transaction data--orders and perhaps even items.

Another nice tracking feature is to allow affiliates to pass a user-defined parameter like CJ's "SID=", Linkshare's "u1=", BeFree's "bfinfo=", etc.

I don't really care about impression tracking, but others might. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have it.

The ability to run reports for predefined periods (MTD, YTD, Last Month, Today, Yesterday, etc.) is nice, as is the ability to run reports for a specified time period (like 6/16/04 - 6/22/04).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Consolidated clicks and sales on a daily basis are paramount - they do not have to be real time, but must be updated shortly after midnight, not 2 or 3 days later.

Nearly as important is clicks and sales by landing page (whether a product page or a product category page). This is needed to determine which products are performing well for the type of site you are linking from, and to measure the impact of pre-sales messages. investing the energy in this type of reporting can significantly increase sales through affiliates who bother to optimize their sales approaches.

Neat to have: click and sale information by referrer page (so if I link to one of your products from 5 different pages on my site, or even from multiple sites, I can see which one sells the best)

I don't need hour of day or day of week stats - although I have seen a number of reporting formats that show weekend values in a different color when displaying a range of days.

In all cases, selecting a date range, with activity by day, is very important. Letting me filter on a specific landing page, or referring page (again, useful if I have multiple pages pointing to a product or multiple sites).

And finally, if downloading in CSV or Excel format is available, it allows webmasters to do their own detailed analysis for reports that you may have not built.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and votes so far, they helped much! If you have any other ideas please let me know!

Regards,

c4

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread