View Poll Results: Do you use your own click tracking?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I don't do any tracking of my own.

6 37.50%
  • Yes I do track and there are no major problems.

7 43.75%
  • Yes I do track and there are many problems.

1 6.25%
  • Yes I do track and there have been a few problems.

2 12.50%
    Just wondering how many of us actually track the clicks we send rather than rely on affiliate reports. Also wondering if the data matches or not.

I just started using my own tracking so I don't have solid results to post yet. Now that I've added tracking I wish I had done it a long time ago. I encourage everyone to use it and if you need help just ask. IMO it's another crucial thing to know.

I've been tracking my own for just over a month now , when this month is up I will publish my click throughs and what CJ says my click thruoghs are. But I haver no doubts Todd will come along with his well worn out excuse that the visitors go away without giving time for the CJ tracker to track. I'll work out the percentages and see what it works out at.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I track clicks, and I record the clicks server side.

As it's server side there is no possibility that that the user can go away between the click being recorded and the cookie being set, my recorded clicks should match the clicks in my stats 100%.

I also record the session ID so I can tell when a visitor clicks multiple times from my site. Some merchants/Indies stats show all clicks, some only show 1 click per unique visitor, even if they click through several times.

I've been doing this for quite a while and so far I don't see many problems except for one Indie.

If only we could track sales ourselves.

I used a program to track my clicks. However I noticed that CJ didn't count visits from spiders etc and my tracking system did so it was unreliable.

Yeah I can see spiders making their way through. I don't understand why msn can't obey a robots text file.

<norobot></norobot>

<!-- robots content="noindex" -->
    <!-- /robots -->

I use a variety of tags like this to keep the damn robots off areas of a page!

Okay most people seem to be ignoring this poll and I can't quite understand why but oh well. I have some results to post for today.

Every day except today my stats have nearly matched CJ's. Today however I am showing many more click thrus with unique ips than CJ is reporting. Could it be a delay or tech glitch? We shall see. My point on tracking isn't that it's always wrong or always right but there are can be and will be problems. It doesn't reflect negativly on any network in my opinion as long as the situation is resolved.

Heyder I usually find it better to look at the previous day for any real stats. I have a feeling they are not as up to date as they think they are. Just to check what I am saying, look at your stats just before midight CJ time then look tomorrow at the previous day's results, you will probably find a diference.

BTW Heyder I have PM'ed you.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

Replied back

Let me know if it works out.

I have done my own click tracking for almost five years now. I block spiders and bots from clicking through my links, so that's not an issue. Just about all of my merchants report about 10% low. It's really hard to compare, though, as everything is in different time zones.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

PM'ed you again Heyder.... Don't laugh at me

YouTrek

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread