View Poll Results: If you won the lottery....

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would totally quit

19 28.79%
  • I would do it part time or less

23 34.85%
  • I would keep going as I do now

23 34.85%
  • I don't know

1 1.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    would you continue to work with affiliate marketing? Let's say you win $10,000,000

Lola,

I am addicted to this. i can never quit. Though my wife wishes I would sometimes.

PM me on what type of site you have for exchange.

Spider Man

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I would continue Affiliate marketing until that money's gone, too.

Wayne

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Affiliate marketing is just high tech fishing for me. That's really what it feels like. You put a little bait on your best line, cast it out upon the nebulous ether-world of the internet, pull the line a coupla times to simulate movement, and wait for a bite. All I need now is a tree growing beside my desk I can lounge under.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    someone mention fishing???

Thats where you'd find me

Great question! Really makes you think about whether it's a work for money or a work of love.

For me, it is and always has been a work of love. I would do it even if I didn't need the money.

NorthernStudio: LOL--that's great! That reminds me of the lottery winner who was being interviewed on the news. They asked what he would do with the money. He said he would pay off his debt. They asked what he would do with the rest. He said, "Well, I guess I'll just keep making payments."
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I would most certainly continue, but hire someone to assist me. I'm a great idea guy. I love to dream up web site ideas and see them come to life. I just don't like all the work it takes to get there and the maintenance is not high on my list either.

My wife and I would buy one of those $100,000+ motor homes and take our four kids across the nation all summer long to see all the wonderful parks, historic sites and museums.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I would also keep going as I am...I totally love doing this!! Its cool to see that most of you feel the same

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Give me that $10 million, and I'll be in an Olympic-sized swimming pool, in a giant mansion in Hawaii. Big garden outside with staff to weed it, big cars that someone else wax, the works.

Straight to the life of Total Leisure for me.

I might keep a content site to play around with and provide an outlet to the Net (that I own), but I really don't think that generating the 1,000,000th sales page would be on my agenda... Sorry Lola!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    If anyone won $10,000,000 I don't think that they would continue to do affiliate marketing.

I love doing this, but I am sure I could find a lot more to do if I had $10,000,000

What Leader & Julian said =

People who unexpectedly come into a fortune usually end up very broke and sad a few years later...

It takes a lot of moral strength not to be ruined by sudden massive wealth.

Probably most people able to make a real go at aff marketing have the necessary strengths anyway...

I sure would welcome a chance to find out for myself.

http and a telephoto
    I would hire people, one per domain, to do the "grunt work" of data entry. I would still be the concept person. Isn't that what most successful people do? Get an idea, work on it themselves until they have enough money to hire others to do the manual labor and they continue to develop the new ideas?

This is a business, and becoming a millionaire would give me the capital to "kick it up a notch".

I would also be able to integrate my own products into my sites better, and spend time with my first love, photography, so I could have more posters than art.com and allposters.com combined from my own portfolio!!! And then we would finally see a parasite free poster merchant... ME!!!! LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    With whatever the government lets me keep from the hypothetical $10,000,000 I'm retiring, and so's hubby.

I'd buy a whole lotta land in the woods and build my dream tree-house on it, surrounded by a spacious lawn and gardens with sculptures. BIG sculptures. There would be a lake of course for fishing, swimming and boating. I would garden, learn to speak Italian and play the piano, and do a little volunteer work. Hubby would write the Great American Novel. We would travel anywhere we liked anytime we liked. Sounds wonderful, huh?

ABW Ambassador
    Look, i love this but if i won $10,000,000 no way would i be sitting in front of the computer all day. I would be enjoying it. Building a nice home, looking at nice cars, traveling, put some worthy people thru college, having fun and enjoying life etc.

When I win the lottery I am going to continue doing the affiliate marketing but, my way not the way it's now with all those parasites, ad-blockers, bad merchants and SE dances.

I will buy my own search engine and put all my links on the second page, I will leave the first page for those affiliates that honestly deserve to be listed there on a monthly basis, that way they all will have an equal chance every month to make some real money.

I will not knowingly list any crook or real parasite there, I am not for sale nor ever will be, I like to earn my money clean, otherwise I would be a millionaire by now with all the knowledge that I had gained through the years.

I will open my own charity foundation and put 20% there, but only help those that really deserved and do it directly, not so some other charity foundation administrator get a salary of fifty thousand dollars or more a year just because they have a famous charity name.

The other more important things that I will do first when I win the lottery I don't have to make it public knowledge jet so I don't get jinxed.

Soon, soon, soon.

If I am not going to die in the next eight years, then I know that my numbers are about to come out soon, and since I have plenty of patience, this is the way I look at it, the longer it takes, the longer it will last me. (the money)

Sal.

I read of some survey somewhere that showed that lottery winners enjoy about 6 weeks of pure ecstasy and then go back to basically being as happy or unhappy as they were before they won.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJCB:
    I read of some survey somewhere that showed that lottery winners enjoy about 6 weeks of pure ecstasy and then go back to basically being as happy or unhappy as they were before they won. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if they are mindless morons who can't think of anything to do with their money other than waste it.

If that is enough money to start a clean safe heaven network, I will use the money to do for that!

or...

Use the money for animal shelter(Where each animals have their own condo little pet house with aircon and heater) and have their own nanny!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Okay, I suppose I would spring for a wireless laptop, so I could sit outside, fish, and work on my sites, lol.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJCB:
    I read of some survey somewhere that showed that lottery winners enjoy about 6 weeks of pure ecstasy and then go back to basically being as happy or unhappy as they were before they won. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that some do, but not everyone that win the lottery.

It all depends on many factors and the way the people that wins handle the new furtune.

Sal.

Is that 10M Gross or Net
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:

or...

Use the money for animal shelter(Where each animals have their own condo little pet house with aircon and heater) and have their own nanny! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nova,
    Just in case you beat me to the winner circle, I am an animal and I want to make a reservation on that animal shelter with AC and a laptop, so I can continue to do some pages later.

Sal.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I wanted to answer even though I am on the consulting side of things. I love this business and would keep doing it even if I won 10 Million. Plus I'm a workaholic so could not just sit around.

Working on my laptop on a big new boat while fishing does sound like the perfect millionaire combo for me though, if I ever did strike it rich.

Buying an island paradise and taking all the people I truly like with me.

Might bring a few workers from an impoverished place, just to keep things up, too. They would, hopefully, have improved their situation so much that they would like working there and sending money home to their families. I would let them work 5 or 6 hour days so they would have time to enjoy the nice amenities, too.

There would be lots to do so no one dies of bordom.

Naturally, it would be a Pagan place. Can anybody say "Summerisle"?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast