View Poll Results: To Chat on ABW or Not To Chat?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Welcome

30 57.69%
  • Left out in the cold

5 9.62%
  • Could care less

17 32.69%
    Do you believe the chat room on ABW is a welcoming place to converse?

I think it is a great place to chat, it is also a great place to get help and good friendly advice.

If your lucky Charlie might fly in and entertain you with tales of whisky sodden debauchery he experienced whilst crawling the drinking dens of Bourbon street with Mike.

Take care
    YouTrek.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I must have left his cage open again. Roboform gets him in all my secret places.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Being relatively new to the wonderful world of web manifestations I have received some great,
    friendly advice from ABW folk.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Perhaps more people would find their way to chat if the bad links on ABW were fixed.

Actually ABW seems to run so well for communication that chat almost seems redundant. Hardly anyone goes there.

We mostly try chat when ABW is broken, to hold off the withdrawal!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I've tried several times in the past to get into chat but have never been successful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The fact that the nav link is bad is more likely the reason folks don't go to chat.

The correct link is http://www.abestweb.com/chat/

I think a functional used chat room would be great, but the few times I have found the chat room, no one has been there. So in theory it's a good idea, but it's not really a "chat" if no one is there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Karen Hudgins:
    I think a functional used chat room would be great, but the few times I have found the chat room, no one has been there. So in theory it's a good idea, but it's not really a "chat" if no one is there... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hi,
    Since my wife passed away a year ago,I chat to myself, the bed,car,computer,they can't take the place of her soft,lovely Irish voice. singing, music,dancing, and stories,but I have the memories of 49 years, since she was Mgr. of her dad's gift and clothing shop in Dublin, and I only designed the stores and plans and specs in ink, I conclude most ladies have more brains in their pinkies than we have in our whole bodies.By the way, my computer service has discovered over 300 viruses in my sytstem, I was busy builing 2 new sites, and dropping msn for a better deal with Eartlink DSl, so I have to delete all my ads, get new user names, passwords,ID numbers, tracking codes,etc.I am changing to Norton. McAfee didn't pick them up, and ad aware had hundreds daily, and I made the terrible mistake of thinking a great,kind lady, would do that, my mind is in the past, that's why I jumped to the wrong conclusion, when we assusm, we make an ass out of ourselves, beg your forgiveness ms.E,. pray for your family and you.The new FTP-Pro may allow me to catch some holiday sales.Enough from the jerk, I need a new ID and Password from ABC.
    God Bless.

I have been in there twice but I was all alone . The forums serve the purpose just fine for me. Setting scheduled chats would be a way to get the chat room swinging. ie: adsense chat at 3:00 on Tuesday.

Affiliate Manager
    I have, thus far, found the ABW chat room to be a very welcoming place to converse...but, keep in mind, this has only been about my 4th post...

Cheapmom...I do like your idea of setting scheduled chats...most of the time, I am just roaming around aimlessly...

AmyB

I didn't even realize there was a chat program on this site. I just tried it and nobody's there. Maybe I'll idle there for a while and see who comes around.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    On the front page of the forums at the top and bottom of the page you can see a list of who is currently in the chat. The new ABW chatroom is pretty cool. If you are already logged into the forums, it will automatically log you into the chatroom.

Yep the chatroom revealed all. Used to rock like an happy hour bar on steroids.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    I usually jump on and off the forum looking at posts, but don't stay on enough so never tried the chatroom. Even if I do go in I'll probably be away from it a lot.

So personally, that hasn't been an option for me.

The chat discussions often were more in-depth, non politically correct, rehashes of what was being posted in the open forum. Chaters would jump out and read/post/bait and come back in to discuss the playas and theads. Often it should be called the humorous, typo flameout/timeout room. Some former bashers actually got to like me in there....LOL.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    On the front page of the forums at the top and bottom of the page you can see a list of who is currently in the chat.
    I saw that line in the nav, but for me it always says "dflsports" is in there. But when I went in and checked the other day (because I thought it odd that someone would spend hours and hours alone in a chatroom), he wasn't really there...the room was actually empty.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    It's always empty when I drop by these days..........

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Ha, I was in stealth mode

I do notice that even after you log out, your screen name still appears on the forum pages for quite a while.

The chat room has been dead for a while now. Used to be 3 or 4 or us in there all the time, later in the evening hours. Chatting about ways to rule the affiliate world, muhawaaaaaa! That and make fun of Jack

Everyone still pokes fun at Jack. Just not there. BTW Jack is OK in my book. But then, I have been told my book needs to be rebound.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread